Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Turning off AC stops power to 12v buss????

I'm not an electrician and have found an interesting problem... Wife woke up and turned off the AC fan (used to sleep in noisy areas) all 12v items now won't work. Checked the buss and it's not getting but a trickle--not popped but a trickle. Pull a ...

Generator runtime compared to inverter run time.

First off, my bad. I inadvertently reserved a no hook-up site at a state park that has more sites without utilities than with. So, I have two 2000is Yamahas which when combined with the factory cord, will not start my ac. That's why I bought two! (si...

BlackMax 2100/1700 Inverter Genny

My local Sam's has a in store only special Markdown on these right now. Reg $549 now $299. I snagged one. It's a Homelight/Husky made unit. It ran for 11.5 hours on the first gal of fuel at 90% ECO and 10% ECO off pulling 300 watts for break in. Pull...

nowgrn4 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

US2200 vs T-105

So I got some quotes today for 2 different golf cart batteries. US2200 - $95.50 eachT105 - $105.50 eachI've never heard of US2200. Am wondering if it's worth saving $10/battery to go with them or the T105's would be very much worth the difference in ...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

PV panel selection? (long)

Hello, all. I’m looking for some feedback on PV panels before embarking on the next upgrade to our electrical system.To establish the background, we will be mostly boondocking, and moving frequently, so the panels will be flat on the roof. Batteries ...

Ductape by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar, Generators, All Things Chinese...

The Chinese are freaked out about one of the leading presidential candidates remarks about trade with China..."Last month, ---- vowed to impose a 45 percent tariff on Chinese good to offset China’s devaluation of the yuan.“They’re devaluing their cur...

How to wire a voltmeter?

I'm thinking of installing something similar to this to monitor the AC power in our new trailer. I don't want the 'plug in' type. Would rather have a small permanently mounted hardwired panel.Question: How do I wire it and to what? Thanks.

true 12 volt air conditioner

Runs for 8 hours on 4 twelve volt Overdrive Trojan group 31 AGM. 8,000 btu's. 102 amp-hour per battery.http://www.arcticbreeze-truckac.com/Draws a maximum of 600 watts. Available in 24 volt as well.It is a mini split device and cost is around $4000....

Coleman roof top heat pump

My Coleman heat pump calls for 115 volts 60 hz. It does not mention anything about amperes. What is the minimum amps required to safely run it? Will I cause damage to the unit powering it with 115 volts ac?

Vegas1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

New brake shoes or full assembly?

I've been on the road for 8 years, about 25K miles. The previous owner took one 1000 mile trip. I think these are the original brakes. This is the only one of the four that was like this. The pieces came tumbling out when I pulled the drum off. I ...

cannesdo by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Creeping Slides

For the first time after 9 1/2 years of fulltime traveling, we have put our fiver in storage for several months. A month ago we went over to do a check out. We found that one of the slides had creeped openabout 2 inches, I put a couple of 2x3 blocks ...

Re Certification of Propane Tank

I took my 30# tank to be refilled today and was told that it would have to be re-certified prior to filling it. Has anyone had this done and what does it typically cost?Thanks

Messy Battery Corrosion Compounds?

Anhydrous Lanolin. Sheep wool grease. Much less messy than grease or petroleum jelly. Contains no sulfur compounds to stain copper dark brown. Eco-friendly to the skin. And bar-none protection for battery posts and terminals. Stuff washes right out o...

Got a new Toy! PowerMax Boondocker adjustable 60A

Add me to the list of those who are putting aside the automatic "smart chargers" and going with something manual! I've messed with the on board Wiffco, a Battery Tender, various wall warts and the crazy Schumacher, learning as I go. Now I've finally ...