Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How to keep RV warm enough in winter to avoid winterizing

I have a 2008 gas class A and live near Portland in the Pacific Northwest. We camp often during the winter so it is a pain to winterize and un-winterize during our relativity mild winters. I also find it wasteful to dump the fresh water tank.My quest...

RedJeep by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Jack won't retract - HWH

This '02 Winnie Journey has the HWH manual jacks/room extender system and in general, works easily to drop the jacks and extend the rooms.However, when retracting the slides, after I press 'Store', the jacks slowly retract and the retract speed seems...

Jim by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Allison transmission

Hi, I have a '98 Monoco Windsor. It was sitting for awhile. Wouldn't start. RV mechanic said alternator is bad. He got it running. Now it won't shift! The left light says 6, the right one says N and there's a repeating beep. Any suggestions?

On A Scale From 1 to 10?

Where would you rate the Jayco Class C? Not talking Super C or B+, just their Redhawk & Greyhawk models! Ok, when I think of Mfgr's that make traditional C's, my list looks like this: Born Free, Lazy Daze, Coachman, Thor, Forest River, Fleetwood, Win...

bagman by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Gap between roof and front cap

When I first bought my motorhome (12 years ago) I noticed a lot of caulking on the left side of the seal between the one piece fiberglass roof and the front cap. It was obviously that there was a gap there they needed to fill. Over the years I've h...

Navion with a gas engine?

I stumbled across a 2008 Navion with a gas engine. It looks like it was an option back then so I don't think this was an after market rehab but I have never heard of a gas navion. Does anyone have any experience with one?

Help needed - plexiglass inserts for door

Sorry this was placed under toy haulers incorrectly! We have a Class A!Had plexiglass inserts cut for our screen door. Having difficulty keeping them in place. Small tabs originally used keep coming loose/falling out. Difficulty seems to be with t...

Re-Sealing Windshield?

Been chasing a couple of leaks for a few months. Thanks to a thermal imager, I have narrowed them down to the rear cap and around the top of the windshield on the driver's side.Re-sealing the rear end cap I can do....time to reseal the entire roof w...

10forty2 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Electric cooling fan on Class C

I currently have a 2011 Jamboree on an E450 chassis. I am interested in replacing the engine driven cooling fan for an electric fan. Removing the OEM fan takes away a horsepower drain to spin it. I have gone to all of the electric fan manufacturers...

gordhog by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel base and tag axles

We are researching upgrading to a DP. From my readings on wheelbase, the longer the wheelbase the more stable the coach will tend to be. How much stability does having a tag axle add to the coach? Looking at a model that has a 22" less wheel base t...

Dougjpr by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Are Coach Batteries Charged When Driving?

We have a 2007 Winn Voyage which includes an inverter. We are taking our grand boys on a trip. They want to watch movies on the way. My first thought is to turn on the inverter so they can watch. Know the inverter runs off the coach batteries. B...

TC_Z by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

C-7 fan hub bearing

After reading the post about the bearing failure on the C-7 fan hub, I was just going to take a poll who has had a similar problem or is this a more isolated problem. I know forums bring out people who have problems but would like to hear if there ar...

tinkerer by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

BARBEQUE

Barbeque - what model is the smallest propane barbeque that fits in the roadtrek. - having a problem finding one that suits one personThanksAnnDid see you can still purchase cast iron hibachi which is great

EXHAUST BRAKE SWITCH (When to turn on)

Having trouble understanding "Exhaust" brake use. At 50 mph, I turned the switch on as I approached a town with slower speed. It slammed hard in the rear and started slowing. It took about 5 seconds from turning the switch on until it engaged. At the...

werni9 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Gen set service

Other then changing the oil and filters what other service do you do on it? I have a 1994 onan 7k diesel. Q #2 when the get set is running I meter that's pluged in shows almost in the red to the 110 side but pluged in at home the meter shows over to ...