Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

propane gauge not working

I have a typical ASME propane tank under my rig, and the gauge suddenly stopped working. It was 3/4 full at last check. It is an old needle gauge in the dash(1987). I push a button when the key is in the ignition and the needle jumps to current propa...

Ryan7361 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

RV+Toad Friendly Gas Stations in New England - Exist??

We have been driving around Pennsylvania and New York - back roads - not major interstate. The Gas Buddy application helped us find lots of gas stations in the area, but when I drive there, 90% of them are designed for cars only. There was no way ...

Solar Panel thru tinted window??

Have a small solar panel for maintaining the charge on a battery while coach is in storage. Just want to maintain the battery level while parked (not actually charge it).Will a solar panel work if put inside the coach behind a tinted window facing so...

LetsRV by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Advantages and Disadvantages of Portable Sewage Disposal

We have a Class A Coach. For the most part we have stayed in private RV resorts with full hook up. We are venturing out into some of the state parks without on site sewage disposal. The question is: Is it better to move the RV during an extended ...

Dropping gast tank to check vent line

I bought my pre-owned rv in may. I really like the unit but have had a difficult time filling the gas tank. So my mechanic is going to probably drop the gas tank to see if the vent line is clogged. Has anyone else had to have this done. 2008 Chevy Ch...

Considering a Winnebago Profile (2 slide)

Looking to downsize from a DP. Need a full-time, walk around bed. Considering a Winnebago View (Profile) with the rear slide out bed. It seems like a workable floor-plan. It is rated to tow 5000 lb. with the V6 diesel. That sounds a little optim...

Want To Purchase Two More Solar Panels

Like the subject line states, I'd like to install 2 more solar panels on the roof.I have 2 Kyocera panels already, purchased several years ago, and I've very happy with them. However, I can no longer easily/cheaply get 2 more similar ones from the sa...

Sprig by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

How is the Ford (Class A) chassis supposed to handle?

Hi all, I see similar topics going on right now but don't want to hijack so here goes... We switched our GS magazine "option" to MH magazine (from Trailer Life) in anticipation of going to a MH in the next year. I've since seen two issues where th...

Michelin XRV Tires Where are they?

I'm trying to locate 6 255/80R22.5 XRV tires. Michelin dealers say they are on nation wide back order. Michelin themselves say they don't have a production date to create any.Anyone know where some are hidden??????Sandy

mustard by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Engine Identification help pls

Hi guys,Trying to identify the engines I saw on two 1998 MH.... a Thor/4winds Infinity and a Triple E Commander. I know they are both Chevy 7.4L but wondering about the Vortec thing. I thought all Vortec had the VORTEC logo on some sort of black box ...

thames by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Bunkhouse C+ with cabover bed or 4 bunks?

I have a family of six. We are on our second TT. Until now, they were the only thing in our price range with decent accommodations for our children.Yesterday, I ran across the Dynamax Force 37BHHD and it has me very interested. It has a full size ...

petrel by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes