Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Replacing antenna

We tend to get poor TV reception in our 2000 Bounder MH and were thinking of upgrading antenna. We are having roof replaced this weekend and roofer can install new antenna if we get one. Checked and we have a Winegard Sensar iv or at least thats wh...

mygsds by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire Temperatures

Well.... interesting observation made today. After my last tire failure, I had quite a bit of damage in the fender well. We took the coach to Camping World today (about 60 miles from home) for an estimate for insurance purposes. When we returned h...

10forty2 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

A vs. C

Hello All, We currently own a 2009 Kingsport 295 QB and are thinking of selling the TT and buying a motorhome. We just don't know if we want to get a class A or C. I've read a lot about both and they have their own ups and downs. Looking for some he...

leveling

i tried to park on uneven site the passenger side of coach was probably 8 inch lower, i scotched this side of coach and put 6x6 blocks to keep from extending so far, my problem started when it lifted it too far and my tires came off the ground which ...

Diesel versus Gas

So I've seen numerous posts on this site over the past month that state if your rig is going to sit for long periods of time, go with a gasser. Why is this? Are the seals different in the engine?I'm trying to decide between a gas and diesel for my ...

Tire pressure monitors......recommendations?

We are looking at wireless tire pressure monitors......obviously, there are several options, so I turn to you all for recommendations!What is a good system?What to avoid?Basically, a rundown of the good, the bad and the ugly!Thanks!

Adding batteries

I have a question and need some expert advise:I have a 2014 Coachmen Encounter. I have 2-6 volt coach batteries connected to a small 1000 watt inverter which gives me 120 volt power to the electric fridge recepticle only. I also have 1-12v engine bat...

GGeorge by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Gps units

We have a 2007 Winnebago Journey. We currently have a 2006 garmin streetpilot that we use for navigation. It has been starting to give us problems. What GPS navigation system do you all prefer?

ginagary by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Entegra?

Are entegr coaches good quality? They look like a good value. I want to stay under 350k

A vs. C

Hello All,We currently own a 2009 Kingsport 295 QB and are thinking of selling the TT and buying a motorhome. We just don't know if we want to get a class A or C.I've read a lot about both and they have their own ups and downs.Looking for some help f...

NADA Pricing

When looking to buy a used Class A, how much should one rely on NADA pricing? I am mostly looking at Private Party's and they seem to be all over the board in pricing, for similar rigs. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, thanks

kencleo by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

The "Spirit of '76" Build

This thread is to chronicle the build/rebuild of our 1976 Midas Class C. He is a GMC chassis with a 400 small block. I will be doing little more than maintenance at this point, but eventually will do a complete restoration. It will be slow going, ...

How do they do that?

When an overhead front tube TV is removed and is replaced with a flat screen that is wider than the opening and the opening is not modified, how is the flat screen mounted?Are they lined up on a mount and then pulled down to "Lock" it in or something...

Stranger by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator won't stay on.

Just wondering. Gen set will not run long when coach is in motion. Running down the hwy, start gen set (need 110vac) and the gen set will run for 10 seconds to 2 minutes then cut off. Must restart and same short run. Cuts off then start again, et...