Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Advice please on new diesel pusher

Hi. New member here, about to purchase my first motor home. Lived aboard a large boat for many years, understand the experience, just want to do it on land now due to age and physical restrictions.http://www.mediacampingctr.com/2005-american-coach-...

daugen by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

Allison 6 speed w/lock out

Looking at an Allegro Breeze, and it advertises an Allison xmisson with lock out. What series Allison is this(1000..2000?). And what is lockout?

tarnold by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Caught the Mouse

Well, surprise this morning. I found some mouse droppings yesterday, set trap on floor under the steering wheel, caught the little guy. Has anyone had mice in motor home . Don't. Know how he got in or if there are more. I reset two more traps just...

chassis year 2003; rv/coach 2006

I'm looking at another RV now... It's being sold as a 2006 but the VIN is a 2003. F350 Super Duty. I have seen and understand 1 year difference but 3 years... What do you guys think?

pommyg by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

My holiday Rambler is no Holiday!!!!!!!!!

I was running my Holiday rambler yesterday . whilst running the engine I wanted to lower the jacks and the engine stalled and I had no electricity from the 12volt circuits no lights no radio no nothing. then I jumped the motorhome and it made the...

Help check trans light we're stuck

We have an Allison 3000mh trans. We moved from the campground about 1/2 mile to the parking lot to tour Graceland. When we came back, I got the check trans light and she would not change out of neutral. The first diagnostic said 13 23 (ECU input vol...

lubing leveling jacks

Replaced my old levelers (of unknown make and model) with BAL 24002D Levelers. It is a very easy job for those who have been thinking of it. My question is... what is the best lube to put on the levelers? Dry Silicon? White grease? Any suggestions ar...

fizikpal by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide Squeaking while driving

I noticed on the last couple of trips that there is a squeaking noise coming from the area of the slide in our living area. My wife was with me this last time and she was able to trace it back to one end of the slide (away from the driver). To me it ...

wbwood by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Rialta QD

This topic has been moved to another forum.You can read it here: 27109850

CARBONE by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Campgrounds near Jacksonville North Carolina

We are new to RVing, as we just bought a 2001 Monoco Diplomat. Our son is stationed at Camp Lejeune and we would like to find a place within an hour of Base preferably near the beach for a visit. Possibly between Wilmington and Morehead City.Anyone h...

eddie_g by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing with a 2000 Four Winds 21RB?

We're RV novices with lots of questions. The issue of the day is towing with our 21' Four Winds Class C on a Chevy chassis with a 350 c.i. engine. We'd like to flat tow a car, and my wife is sort of in love with the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, but the...

Interesting Service Experience

A week or so ago we took the MH to Pacific Truck in Coburg, OR for a complete fluids change including switching to ELC coolant. BTW, they really are a class outfit, Very careful, clean, and quick. Considering that the coolant change is quite invol...

bluwtr49 by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chevy Vortec vs Ford V10

I'm looking at a 2001 Coachman Mirada which came with both the Vortec 8.1 and the Ford V10. Which one is better for gas mileage, power, and reliability?