Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Engine lugs down when starting generator

My RV is described in my signature below. My engine will lug down and die if I try to start the generator while the engine is cold and idling. If I use the battery boost the generator will start and not lug down the engine. After the generator is s...

jrski by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Thinking about a Class A

Have a couple of questions--We have been rv'ing for about 8 years, now in our 4th year in a fiver. On longer trips our 3 kids-12 and 10 ( twins) have been complaining about being in the back seat of the crew cab. Mama has a Class A bug, too!We averag...

tnclays by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

'04 PW Excel TS value?

Hi B'ers:We're thinking of joining your ranks, looking at a 2004 PW Excel Ts with 60+K mi, seems to be in excellent shape but yet to see it in person. NADA suggests Average Value of $25k. I see via searching that NADA is often low for Class B's (an...

No gauges

08 discovery ,started to leave this AM and engine started up ,lights work,but no gauges working, any ideas?

captpar by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

norcold fridge, no display - blown fuse?

I'm fairly new to RVing, bought a 2006 Dolphin LX about a year ago, with a Norcold 12 cu. ft. fridge. I'm getting no display on the control panel. Looks to me like no DC to the control panel, which could very likely be a blown fuse. I found DC breake...

Footrest for jack knife sofa ideas?

I was contemplating removing my jack knife sofa and installing 2 wall hugging recliners or a dual reclining loveseat. My only problem is that I find my sofa quite comfy for sleeping. I am not so concerned about the reclining feature but I like to hav...

Inflating Tires

what do you use to inflate tires on your MH.I am currently using a small Sears inflator and having difficult time getting to 80 lbs

Blown up class c

So I'm headed home to the campground we live in and I pass an older class c broke down on the side of the road. Being the swell guy I am and with way too much curiousity for my own good I go back.Turns out the guy and his SO just bought the camper a ...

safn1949 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Tire life expectancy

We have a 2007 Winnebago Journey with original Michelin RV extended life rubber tires. Our RV is stored in an enclosed barn and we keep the outside of the tires coated with armorall UV protectant tire shine material. Tires are not showing any obvious...

ginagary by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

new guy

hi I just got my first class c motor home it is a 81 Shasta 25rd is set on a ford e350 custom right now I am coating my roof a need new vent covers over the bunk and bathroom

shakedown cruise, now what?!!

We've been on the road a week in our new-to-us 1999 Rexhall. First, the valve extensions (I'm still trying to figure out where they came from, I didn't install them) weren't installed properly and had a meltdown. Luckily, we discovered it very early...

hartford insurance

We have Hartford Insurane through AARP. Two cars and a motorhome. Towing and road service are included for no additional premium. Towing for the motorhome is to the nearest motorhome repair facility. This is new coverage for motorhomes through Ha...