Motorhome Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Generators

Picked up a 1994 Georgie boy cruise master. What are recommendations for a replacement generator that will run the AC and fit in the current space?

Kakruk by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Under Seat Fuze Box

I have a 2004 Chevrolet Express 3500 Chassis on my motor home. The electric mirrors do not work. I found the owner's manual on the internet and believe I know where the fuze is. However, the fuzes are under the driver's seat in a plastic box. The ...

nbking by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Alliance Coach, Wildwood, Florida

The DW and I purchased a used Class A several months ago from Alliance Coach in Wildwood, Fl and wanted to share our experience.The coach is a 2004 Damon Daybreak. It's a Workhorse with a GM 8.1 Engine. This Coach had 32,000 and from the paperwork it...

TugCE by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

stupid rv

Ever have one of those days where everything seems to break or stop working all at the same time? Backup camera doesn't want to work, generator runs for about 10 sec then shuts down, new 110v outlet kicks off breaker, black spots on roof won't come o...

photobug by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Engine maintance

How much preventative maintenance one complete on a Class C rig? Ie: change oil, transmission fluid and filter change, grease fittings and the like. Are there insurance considerations?

Kalait by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Does this make sense?

My wife and I are retiring early (I'm 59, she's 55). We're thinking of buying a 4-6 year old motorhome. We don't know where we want to live when we retire, we would use the motorhome to investigate options from FL to WA. Once we know where we want to...

Luke57 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

bigfoot airbag dump valve

On a Bigfoot leveling system, what's the color of the wire used for dumping the airbags? My Bigfoot control panel was removed and I need a hint on what wire to hook up to a manual dump switch.

philnk by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Aging Sewer Hose?

I know RV tires "age out." How about sewer hoses? Ours has been sitting, unused, in its basement compartment for almost 4 years while the RV was stored outdoors--in a very hot climate. Is it time for a new one?

C_J1 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Parking Brake Issue

I have been reading some on servicing the parking brake on our '99 Bounder located on the drive shaft just behind the transmission. Keep in mind that we are on the road traveling right now, heading west. I have no idea when or if the parking brake ha...

4 down towing parts

I used to have a web site that you can list and sell used rv tow bars, brakes, towing equipment, etc. Does anyone know of such a web site. I can't remember, so what else is new.LOL

Snomas by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

50 Amp Electrical hookup

I just moved my motorhome to a new indoor storage location that has a dedicated electrical panel that I'm allowed to modify. The unit has several 15 amp plugs already installed. It has one 50 AMP I think 250 volt outlet, but the circuit breaker is ...

Mounting my angle iron for my mudflaps on my Class A

First let's start off with a Happy 4th of July to all. Next I'm looking for some input and perhaps some Pics of how they mounted their angle iron to the rear of their Class A MH. First I will say I have a 2018 FR GT5 31L5 and I guess I felt it would ...

dmctlc by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Saw a wobbly Monaco

While driving east through IL last week, I found myself passing and being passed by a Monaco MH towing a late-model red Grand Cherokee. The Monaco's driver and I were both traveling at about 70 mph. Every time the MH driver made a slight steering c...

rexlion by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Switching to 4-flat towing

Just bought a 2017 Chev Colorado and think I'll tow it 4flat rather than on a dolly. Looking at a BlueOx system. Would like input as to if BLue Ox is a good system. Google reviews seem to show that they are. Also looking for a good, easy to use brak...

kemer by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes