Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water Pump Issues...

I've had a water pump that has been weak since last season, but it has been functioning. Since we never dry camp, we only ever use it to run the toilet while in transit, so the slower flow has not been a problem.Yesterday, while attempting to winter...

Loud vibrating furnance

Hey guys.. these past few mornings have been cold. I had been turning the central heating furnace on in the morning and it has been fairly quiet. I could hardly hear it at all.Today, I turned it on, and underneath the refrigerator where the unit sits...

Danger from charging golf cart inside toy hauler??

We left our toy hauler in Florida for the first time. DW's golf cart is in the garage. I didn't hook it up to any kind of tender so I have no idea if we'll have 6 flat batteries in November or not. I was worried about hydrogen build up inside the RV....

Refrigerator Outside Vents

I have a Wolfpack 325 pack 13. The cabinets over fridge held a lot of heat and the freezer was just ok. Noticed a wasp flying around the external vents and thought I better check for nest. Pulled the top vent cover and was surprised to see that the w...

powellmj by Explorer II
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Hot water tank

Hi all, We recently purchased a new to us 2013 Rockwood 5th wheel trailer. We have a panel of switches and there is one marked “tank heater” and the other is marked “hot water heater”. Do both have to be switched on in order to get hot water? We trie...

Mivy by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Black tank line

New to the lifestyle and can't figure out why my black tank line fills while traveling. I emptied the tank the last two times before traveling....and made sure valve was closed. When I get ready to hook up, I opened the pipe to attach my hose and was...

Onan Genset won't stay running fixed

I have a 2000 onan 5000 genset in my Suncruiser and I have had the problem many people have had. It will start when you push start but will shut off when you let go. Many people had some answers but Flightsystems.com had the parts. Replaced the volta...

App for fuel / generator storage?

Anyone use a smart phone app to remind them to cycle stored fuel for their generator and to run the generator so the carburetor doesn't gum up? I recently bought a new generator and made a resolution to regularly exercise it. I bought the new inver...

happy2rv by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

6 Volt RV batteries

I have been a fan of Trojan batteries for many years. I have a 2005 Alpenlite and use a bank of four batteries. When the trailer was new I installed a set of T-105s that lasted about 7 years, and I installed a new set. It seems to be time to replace ...

Is flooded equalization charge always timed?

I have (2) of the 6v interstate costco batteries. Would like to do an equalization charge on them. Using the Trojan users guide for directions. Trojan is saying to equalize for 2-4 hours. But it also says to test specific gravity every hour and stop ...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter Generators

I had the Honda EU200i and was happy with the performance. I didn’t like having to clean the carb so many times though. It ran my smaller RV a/c just fine on eco mode. The a/c is stock with no types of easy start mods.Its time to buy a new one.I see ...

Keep blowing capacitor inside converter

Hello!My 2017 Keystone Sprinter campfire converter keeps going out. Have camper on surge protector, new battery and converter has gone out again. The capacitor inside the converter keeps blowing up. Any help would be much appreciated.