Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

13.2v @ 77F is enough ?

?? If time is no issue, 13.2v will return all the sulfur back into solution, i.e. 13.2 is enough to get sg back to ~factory spec?I thought some gassing was required to at least mix???

red31 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2 Camper Batteries 12V or 6V

Ok I have heard this so many times and now I figured I would get more opinions! I was told by 3 different RV stores/ Shops that putting 2- 6Volt batteries in Series will give me more Amp Hours than 2- 12Volt batteries in Parallel. They tried explaini...

EK by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Battery question

Hello fellow rv-ers.I'm sure this was covered but somewhere but can't find exact answer. I recently purchased 2 new golf cart batteries from Napa. Not cheap I might add. I inadvertently left the aux battery switch in the on position for a day or thre...

quingus by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

leak around antenna

in the White Mountains in NH right since last night. We had torrential rains and for the first time, a small leak develloped around the antenna area. We did a temporary fix with a garbage bag and duct tape to hold us off but now looking, the caulkin...

Power Converter questions

I have a WFCO 35 amp converter its a WF-8835. I assume the unit is bad I have it pluged in to 120v and according to the volt meter there is 120 at the plug where the converter plugs into but when checking the power wires out of the unit there is abou...

mclaned1 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

electric or surge brakes for tow dolly

what would be better to tow with a tow dolly electric or surge brakes I will be towing a prius weighing 3000 lbs, cant be towed all 4 down only with a tow dolly it can be towed so im looking for a dolly with brakes just don't know which brakes to ha...

refer still too cold, new thermistor and lower board

After replacing these items the temps remain the same -5 in the freezer and 28-30 in the refrigerator. The temp is on the lowest setting, what's next? Called a local repair guy and he really didn't want to look into it, as the time troubleshoot and...

slomark by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Coleman Mach Air not working at times

I have a Coleman Mach Air conditioner (Model # 8333c8714) and at times when it has been cycling on and off during the day it will come on and blower will start and then you will hear the compressor try to come on. If I watch my voltage meter when th...

mceevans by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

firestone air bags

I have a 31ft coachman with firestone airbags in the rear how many lbs do most of you keep in them, im putting 65 lbs in, but they only stay a week then drop to 50 then goes lower from there down to 20 lbs

Solar Illuminace vs Panel Output

How does solar illuminace effect panel output? From yesterdays observation at noonish:750W, poly, flat, 100F ambient, Vmp=91.7V, Imp=8.18Logged Varray=75V, Iarray=8.5A, Controller out=605WLoads were greater than panel output so the controller was in ...

Electrical - High Voltage

Hello Friends,My name is Carlos and my wife's name is Susan. We are new to the Open Roads Forum so we hope we have reached the correct topic.We have a 35' Cardinal Fifth Wheel (The Lodge) equipped for 50 AMP service. Since we are not full time camper...

hot water heater fault light on LP

I'm having a problem with my 2014 Outback 250rs water heater when trying to run on LP, we are usually connected to shore power at the CG, and we always use 120 and it works perfect. as soon as I turn on the lp switch the fault light comes on immediat...

Trailer disconnect switch

Got home from camping today and found that my disconnect switch not disconnecting. Doesn't surprise me as the switch is on the front frame rail and gets plastered with mud, all the wires hook into the main switch body behind the frame but this area s...

Quieter A/C Units

I have a 2014 40' with 2 AC units on the top. Not sure of the brand but suspect Dometic? They seem to cool alright if you can stand the noise! I think the heat is ducted but I doubt the AC is. We bought this MH with the idea that we would use it ...

fgcook by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes