Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

I am Moving to Solar

Started to install my solar system today. I have a Morningstar TS45 PWM controller. It is installed and wired up. I have 3 Solar Cynergy 120 Watt panels. I did manage to get one installed late today. It was overcast and after 4:00 PM East Coast time...

Not really a toy hauler but I have questions

Mods feel free to move if I'm in the wrong section. I have a Thule 4 place drive on/off atv trailer with 7" X 1 1/4" electric brakes. I have had issues with the brakes not working. I pulled the drums today and found two wheels with bad seals and grea...

50a to 30a to 15a - AC issues

My trailer is wired for 50amp service. I only have one AC unit right now, so it's only really in need of 30amp. I have the 25' 50a cord that the RV came with and I just bought a 50' 30a extension cord for situations like when we're at a friends hou...

NEMA 14-30R (not 14-30P) to TT-30R?

My garage currently has a 14-30R (not 14-30P) 125/250V receptacle. Is it possible to rewire this to a TT-30R 125V receptacle? I can't seem to find an adapter anywhere.

DubV by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

lightning damage question

I know from past experience that homeowner's insurance covers damage from lightning strikes.Does RV insurance do the same?

Popsie by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan Woes

Howdy, my new Onan 4k Micro lite. (in 2003 Winnie Mini 24V) won't stay running. Starts ok and runs for about 15 mins. then stops. No low oil, issue, hear fuel pump clicking while priming. IF the carb was gummed up, I would suspect no or hard start...

No 12 volt power. What to check.

I have a Rockwood 5th wheel that is 6 years old. The 12 volt system wasn't working so I had the battery tested. Won't hold a charge. Bought and installed a new battery, still no 12 volt. Everything works fine when I am hooked to shore power. What do ...

GPI Pump Gears

Where are the upgraded gears for this pump? GPI replaced a pump for me once but it didn't last. I did the gear sanding but maybe went too far and have reduced flow. I understand that ethanol was the cause of gear swelling that locked them up and new ...

How remove inside window trim?

I have a 94 Layton fifth wheel and need to replace a piece of paneling around the window. I can figure out how to remove the inside window trim so I can fit the paneling close to the window. Hopefully the picture uploads.Bob

Door window, sealing glass question

(mod not sure where to put this question)Glass window in door is held in with 2 plastic rings. One ring on outside one ring on inside. Window glass is clamped in between the 2 rings with a small ribbon of what looks like silicone. I'm not in love w...

path1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Electronic Brake size ?

I have a 38 ft Grand Junction . I'm switching my brake system to a new electronic brake system. I 'm not sure if I have a 10 inch drum or 12 inch size? Am I giving enough info?

Adding 2 more 6 v

Hi friends. When I bought my A, I had the dealer replace the older 6 v batteries with new ones, as shown in the photograph. I'm planning an extended boondocking trip this fall and want to increase my capacity. While I have not crunched the numbers...

12v Wiring Confirmation

I have a 2015 Keystone Premier. I'm getting ready to purchase and install a Fantastic Fan. I checked the RV today to see if it was already pre-wired in the vent port. While it wasn't pre-wired, I did find some wires that were reachable from the po...

PPL Parts pricing...WOW

I had an issue with my Full Wall Slide. I needed to replace a spur gear. I have been dreading the job but the last time I pulled the slide in I lost another gear on that spur gear. It has 20 teeth & 5 where gone!I first wanted to be SURE I had the pr...

mchero by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes