Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Restring blinds

Just trying to get some info, in process of redoing my day/night blinds. I have the SWC brand blinds and any info I have found online does not directly relate to these blinds. These blinds do not have springs in the top rail. I have restrung the blin...

Charging house batt. with charger - time

Staying at Sons house in NC about a wk., too far from ele. plugin, any one how long it would take to charge batt. with a charger plugged in to MH with gen. running. May need to use furnace at night.. Also would charging cause any damage to converter...

MR_MAC by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Purchase

My four month old camper came with a dual purpose marine battery and I want to increase my electrical capacity. I realize that dual purpose is not the best choice, but should I pair it with a true deep cycle or purchase a matching dual purpose? I a...

TomG2 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Power Gear Slide Control Relay location

We have a 2000 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PBD with Power Gear slides. Question is...can anyone please advise where I can locate the slide control relay box for the front slide? I am told that the relay may be my problem, but I can't locate it!!! An...

DanMar by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

draining hot water heaters.

I have a Suburban hot water heater, and recently replaced the anode rod, draining the tank.The general consensus is that that is the way to store it. I can see why this would be important to you guys in the north east this year. Deep freezing can m...

Rmack1 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery Monitoring

Have two 12v batteries in parallel,is there a way to hook up a meter so I can independently monitor voltages on them. Wanted to use 1 meter with a switch to select Batt 1 or 2 to check.

Shoe2728 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar + batteris

We have a 30' titanium and wish to instal solar for dry camping and will likely hit a park once a week for dumping, fill up water and some laundry. It has a Inteli Power 4 operating modes 45A Pover converter . We live in Florida but intend to travel ...

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 2000i gen just quit.

Honda 2000i gen just quit, it was running fine. The night before it did have an overload issue, the light went on, I shut it down and restarted it and it was fine. The next morning I filled it up with gas (overfilled) it started right up after seve...

Winterize in Texas?

Good morning -We will be taking delivery of our new Jay Flight 32 BHDS around end of December.Here in Central Texas we camp year-round and deer season is Nov-Jan. During this time there will be cold fronts that can drop temps to the teens and 20s fo...

dsmith3 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

SHEESH! Nothing But BIG MPPT Panels?

My new roof "wrack" measures 4' x 6'I think I'm hosed in finding excellent value MPPT panels that'll fit inside the rack. Then to top it off I have to look for panels that render an efficient amount of production per square foot. The smaller roll-up ...

Fantastic Vent problem

Called Fantastic a couple days ago. I checked out a few things they told me. Couldn't figure it out. Too late to call back today. Will call tomorrow, but thought I'd see if any of you have any suggestions tonight.I have Model 2000DM in bathroom. Rock...

Janss by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

De-Humidifier

Does anyone know if it is possible to put a de-humidifier switch / controller on a RV AC unit? I know they work great on home AC units but I have never heard of anyone trying it on a RV.My Buddy is going to leave his Fifth Wheel in Florida while they...

TugCE by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes