Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Multiple Chargers

I’m traveling and the charger has failed. Until I can get it repaired I’ll buy and use a standard auto charger. Have you used multiple chargers on a battery bank or do you know which ones work in that mode?I recall that someone has been successful in...

Shurflo Water Pump Problem

Our 2005 Bounder has that typical OEM Shurlfo fresh water pump. I must have owned 8 RV's with that pump over the years. Never really had any problems. I recently changed the water filter and now the pump will run for a few seconds every time you turn...

moisheh by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

minimalist heating

Hi,This is a clever variation on the flower pot heaters. My guess is about 1000 to 1500 btu's.flower pot heater variation

Any simple portable solar panel stand/bracket ideas?

I have looked through many of the solar threads but most all show mounting them on the roof.I just ordered a 100w panel, 20A controller, remote monitor, extra cable and connectors and z brackets from Solar Blvd. but wish to keep the panel portable at...

Total Electrical Failure After Starting Generator

Has anyone had this happen before? Any recommendations on fixing it?Yesterday I went to the RV for a tool and decided to do the monthly of cycle the generator. Here's what I did:- Turned on the main house power switch- Turned on the factory-install...

Solar Lights

I am looking to get some solar(street type)lights to light a boat dock and ramp. The problem is that all the web sites are not accurate and or standard on there measurements of light output. One will say 800 lumens = a 60w incandescent and the next o...

One battery

Only have one battery in my small motorhome.What would be a good battery that might get me two nights of boondocking?thanksNick

ntar827 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

How Much Solar ? First Hand Report

Just got set up here in Quartzsite, two 100 watt solar panels on my receiver hitch mounted polar mount, moving it 3 times during the day.Panes were partly shaded by an old power pole till 9 am, then full sun all day. Solar display was blinking by 2pm...

Disconnecting solar panel

May be a dumb question but is there anything I should be aware of when disconnecting my panel set-up from the battery. Will put electrical tape over the connectors when they are removed. Battery is toast and will need replaced. The fiver is currently...

Jonesz by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

store bought GPS

Is there any one company that makes a auto gps that list rv & campgrounds, meaning made for the purpose of finding campgrounds? I have an outdated one and want to replace it but would like one that list campgrounds, rv parks, etc. thanks

jlscjs by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

CDN Solar Dealers

Looking for canadian solar dealers so I can avoid the currency exchange and UPS rape charges. I know about wegosolar and solarwholesaler, need more for a pending solar binge.TIA

Converter issues with a PD9260C

I have a 26' TT with 4 group 24 batteries. I'm running a PD9260C Converter/charger with the built in Charge Wizard. The problem I'm having is that it never shows charging over 13.2v anymore, it never did show over 14.1v. I'm using a cigarette lighter...

MotoSat and Direct TV. What now????

Does anybody know how to get the MotoSat dish to find Direct TV when you have the new Direct TV remotes? Direct TV came to our house several weeks ago to upgrade a receiver in the house. The technician said he would put a new receiver in the RV as w...