Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water pump threaded fitting replacement

I have a Artis products PDS1RV25 water pump. It has male threaded fittings. I would like to buy a fitting and hose section to put on the suction side in order to winterize. I called their tech support and asked what type of fitting I should use (NPT...

mrekim by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

XC Chassis Group 31 battery

My two RV chassis 12 volt batteries have a different type post connector. Is there a name for this type? Looks like two post each on Neg and Pos?. Any precautions or procedure I need to take when changing them out? Don't want to fry anything. Thanks

Patching a PPO rubber roof?

A small diameter area about 6" needs patching on a rubber roof.I heard of Dicor Patch. Any good? Will it be noticeable? Will it last long? An alternative would be to replace the complete roof with a new rubber material but that is very expensive. And...

My 100w portable solar setup

I built a 2x50 watt folding pair of panels. Many photos below.These panels from ML SolarI took the advice of Don the Pianotuna and used loose-pin hinges. I had to put each half in the vise and tap the loops with a block of wood to bend them off cen...

House batteries not charging when coach running

I have a 97 Allegro Bus. The converter outlet has 120V when the generator is running and when I am plugged into shore, but nothing when the coach is running. Problem started when (i believe) coach batteries went bad couple weeks ago. The circuit b...

And now for something completely different

Living Batteries...http://www.nbcnews.com/science/living-battery-generates-electricity-sewage-wastewater-8C11167241A new type of living battery has been created that generates electricity from dissolved organic matter such as that found in wastewater...

RVUSA by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 6500is question

For Honda 6500is owners only. Can the generator set on eco, will it start the 15000 BTU A/C or do you have to keep it set off and generator at full speed to start it? I know 2 2000 twinned together at 7000 feet must have eco shut off or it cannot sta...

gusco01 by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

What Happens with a 12v and Uneven SGs?

I have two "previously enjoyed" two year old golf car 12v T-1275s that I have "rescued" as best I can.End result is both are now better than they were at first, but one is better than the other for SG being even. One is 1.260 right across, but the o...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Shocked When Touching RV

Today while working on my RV I noticed when I knelled down on the damp ground and touching a metal portion of the RV I would receive a mild shock.I have the RV plugged into a 15 amp home outlet using an extension cord and standard 30 to 15 amp adapte...

Oilman by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnect battery while on shore power.

Well my son just called me from Denver, saying that his 12 volt lights are flickering dim to bright... He checked the battery, and found no water. In reading the forums it looks like the converter is trying to charge the bad battery. Question: Can ...

w6st by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Sometimes you just have too laugh!!!!!!!!

Before we leave on trips I always check all of our appliances to make sure they are working properly, last month while getting the trailer ready for our last summer trip I lit the fridge and put the thermometer in it to check the temp. Next day I che...

Sgeorge by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Onan 6.0 CCBK Cranks over too slow

My buddy has an Onan 6.0 CCBK 3R-1600 D LP Gas Generator SN 0772474342 out of an old Travco Motorhome and I heard it start and run like a year ago. He just re installed it at his home for a backup and has two new 12 volt batteries wired in paralell f...

Splendide 2000 water mixer valve

On our model 2000, when we have the washing machine turned off, water still runs into the tub when on city water. I checked but see no water mixer valve so it must be behind the rear panel. Looks to be a bugger to get to.I read where one poster sai...

redeldo by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes