Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Battery Percentage Before Charging.

I was wondering what the consensus is on what your AT REST battery level of charge is before you feel you MUST get in on the charger? Understanding percentage may vary depending on type of batteries.

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Water pump

I dewinterized my class C today. Hooked up to park water. Ran water through all outlets. Did not find any leaks. Disconnected from park water and tried pump. Pump would run but only spit water and air. Checked all fitting I could see and did not find...

LaTriker by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

How to run exterior cable for wired backup camera?

I'm planning to use a hard wired backup camera for my RV.There is NO CONSTANT DC voltage available at the RV back and I want to enable the camera at will from the truck cab.I've done this before on a previous camper but think that I could make a clea...

My Magnetek converter

My converter is 16 years old, it has 2, 30 amp fuses for 12 volt operation. If you only have 1, 30 amp fuse rather than 2 what is the result?This occured and was this way for a week. Went out to open the slide and it opened fine- operates off the 12...

Weldon by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Water Cooled 190-Ampere Alternator

https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Water-cooled-Alternator-190AMP-Hitachi-LR1190-947C-D-fits-Audi-A8-2011-2012/124620111075?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20190917065201%26meid%3D12509ffbaac941a69512f42c5e6e2545%26pid%3D10...

For the solar junkies

Thought this was intresting. Especially if you can rig up a portable battery to swap in and out of a TT. https://www.google.com/amp/s/insideevs.com/news/441787/worksport-introduces-terravis-solar-truck-tonneau-cover/amp/

Sjm9911 by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Converter replacement

I need to replace the WFCO converter that came with my trailer. Past experience with this brand has shown me poor longevity and charging cycles that can fry a good battery.I seldom dry camp but would like to be able to charge my group 27 deep cycle ...

Big News! Off the shelf Li down to -140C!...(on Mars - lol!)

With just a ‘few tricks’ from NASA - Truly some uber synergetic and ‘MIND BENDING’ Technologies at play!!https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb96kb_Nfxk(Solid proof that at least some of our taxes $$ are being put to a good use - lol)3 tons, in the high ...

3_tons by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

does propane go bad?

Bought a spare propane cylinder....then the thought struck me....does propane go bad after a while, like gasoline does when it's been sitting for a long time?thx

TV on Inverter 2000w VS 300w Draws

Tested for this with each inverter clamped to battery bank in turn, 32" TV, and Trimetric for volts and amps.300w- off: 12.6v, 00.2aon: 12.6v, 00.5aTV on: 12.5v , 9.2a (climbing slowly with "inverter creep")2000w- off: 12.6v, 00.2aon: 12.6v, 00.9aTV...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panel give away.

Upgraded my panels and don't have a need for the older ones. (2) 130W Kyocera and (1) 140W Kyocera. The 130's are 2006... been sitting outside and are covered in dust, just stood one of them up and angled it towards the sun and got 20+V. The 140W is...

glennts by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspended Tool Counterweights?

That's what I call them. Spring reels counter-weighted to make a multi-pound tool weigh mere ounces. Adjustable tension. When doing multiple joint solder work on 10-14 AWG conductor my 240 watt Weller gun is a handful for my arthritic fingers. I woul...

Can a generator get rained on?

I understand the danger of running generator in the rain...but that's not my issue...If we are camping, and have the generator with us but are not actually using it at the time (operating on shore power), does it cause direct harm for the generator t...

Fresh water tank clearance issue

We had a couple of warm days this last week, so I decided to grab the creeper and give the underside of my 2020 Jayco 26XD Class C a look see for any further items that need attention before the season starts. What I found was the 2 plastic elbows on...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes