Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

does propane go bad?

Bought a spare propane cylinder....then the thought struck me....does propane go bad after a while, like gasoline does when it's been sitting for a long time?thx

TV on Inverter 2000w VS 300w Draws

Tested for this with each inverter clamped to battery bank in turn, 32" TV, and Trimetric for volts and amps.300w- off: 12.6v, 00.2aon: 12.6v, 00.5aTV on: 12.5v , 9.2a (climbing slowly with "inverter creep")2000w- off: 12.6v, 00.2aon: 12.6v, 00.9aTV...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panel give away.

Upgraded my panels and don't have a need for the older ones. (2) 130W Kyocera and (1) 140W Kyocera. The 130's are 2006... been sitting outside and are covered in dust, just stood one of them up and angled it towards the sun and got 20+V. The 140W is...

glennts by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Suspended Tool Counterweights?

That's what I call them. Spring reels counter-weighted to make a multi-pound tool weigh mere ounces. Adjustable tension. When doing multiple joint solder work on 10-14 AWG conductor my 240 watt Weller gun is a handful for my arthritic fingers. I woul...

Can a generator get rained on?

I understand the danger of running generator in the rain...but that's not my issue...If we are camping, and have the generator with us but are not actually using it at the time (operating on shore power), does it cause direct harm for the generator t...

Fresh water tank clearance issue

We had a couple of warm days this last week, so I decided to grab the creeper and give the underside of my 2020 Jayco 26XD Class C a look see for any further items that need attention before the season starts. What I found was the 2 plastic elbows on...

docsouce by Explorer II
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Replacing magnetek 6300 with inverter/charger

Hello all,I have a 1994 coachmen class B RV which I'm in the process of re-modelling. It has a stock magnetek 6300 converter. It has been upgraded with solar and a battery isolator for charging the house battery when driving. My goal is to be able to...

nakedgun by Explorer
  • 35 replies
  • 0 likes

Honda 2000i Runs but no Power

+/5 years old and this problems seems to be happening with more frequency. The unit starts and runs just fine but the green "power output" light is off and there is no power output. So, I turn it off and restart it and it produces power. Great.......

mtofell1 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge Fan (rear) help.

Hello all..I have a 2018 Genesis 32CR Toy Hauler.The fan on the back of my fridge is loud. So loud you can hear it from the bedroom and the better half has bat ears so it's gonna get replaced. I'd like to replace it with a higher volume fan, possi...

Honda EU2000i carburetor rebuild kit

I'm going to be making a trip to Yellowstone in the near future so I will need to be replacing the main jet in my EU2000i to one that will function in high altitude.This will provide me with the opportunity to do a carb overhaul, even though my gener...

dryfly by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Rand McNally Overdryve 7 RV questions

Does the Overdryve 7 RV tablet support voice navigation? I only see voice assistant for phone calls. I can use more volume. Can my tablet play audio navigation instructions via the smart mount bracket? How to enable? I downloaded my custom POIs and s...

Intermittant A/C

My Dutchman Denali 5th Wheel has a Dometic Roof Air UnitAlmost all of the time, it runs just fine. Every once in a while, it will shut off and restart at what sounds like a slower fan speed. Then after a minute or two it will shut off again and rest...

White Cap company

Anyone ever dealt with these folks.. out of Temecula CA? Tried ordering a generator and have zero response from anyone for 5 days.

2oldman by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Roof Repair - Upgrades?

Hi Everyone, I am in the middle of replacing my roof. Camper is still a 2007 Grand Surveyor. Model number escapes me, but it's a 31ft bumper pull. Long story short, water infiltrated the rubber and got into the luan and ruined that. So, my roof is cu...

myowneq by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes