Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Inverter remote is blank

I have a 2005 Monaco Knight and have had no issues with the inverter in my unit. Up in Denali this week and upon arrival at a RV park, I noticed after hooking up to shore power that the display on the remote for the inverter is blank where it usuall...

propane stove

I have 2 burner stove , you push in the knob & turn, then push the igniter, burner lights , hold knob in for a few seconds then let go ,the burner should stay lit. No matter what I do it goes out . There must be a thermo switch . Any body have this p...

rmz450 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Window Screen Replacements

Does anyone have experience with window screen replacement? I have a Holiday Rambler bedroom window with no screen or frame (long story). Are these something I need to have made? If so any ideas on making something myself to keep the bugs out and let...

Onan generator problems (help)!

My 04 class a has a Onan micro quite 4000 in it and on a recent trip I learned my batteries were bad. The genset would crank and crank but not start. After jumping from the coach battery it would run but continued to be problematic. Finally I reali...

Jmori33 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Getting HD Signal from a Portable DirectTv Dish

OK-- I have had great success getting a DirectTv signal from just sitting outside waiting for my portable dish to recognize a loud beeping noise inside my Montana (Wife yells -Yes!!). In Wash State I have always found a signal. Sometimes more frustra...

jayhardy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

ice maker

Anyone run a small portable ice maker on a generator? Honda 1000.

dennis1 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

power window doesnt work

05 ford e450 Class C--Power window on passenger side wont work.Doesnt work off master switch or switch at passenger door. Does not even click. I would guess there is only two things- switch or motor.Drivers side window works fine. My question is -ho...

foxing the Blue Sky 3024di

Hi,Today about 2 pm the Blue Sky 3024 di was doing 13.3 and zero amps. I have an external switch so that I can deliberately "trigger" an equalization. As soon as I did voltage reached 15.2 and amps going in were 8.9There is also a trik-l-start instal...

LP gas detector issue

For some reason there is something triggering this stupid thing while I am traveling down the road. It wouldnt really be an issue but the dog rides in the 5er while on the road. My tanks have been turned off since it started warming up so I just dont...

Goostoff by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Alberta Flooding

If your headed for Calgary or any other part of Southern Alberta you should check ahead as most communities are under water and will take some time for cleanup. This is one of the worst disasters Alberta has had.

Weird 12 volt problem ~ Solved!!!

I wanted to relocate the 12v receptacle to a more convenient place for my Engel. Instead of moving the old one and leaving a hole I went to O Reillys Auto Parts and bought the same exact one that I have been using.I mounted it about 15" apart from t...

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

12v battery/ 12./24v MPPT ~ 24v PV Panel

This question troubles the Old and Slow mind. I have a 24v/120w Cynergy PV panel. I would like to use it for duel purpose. For my 24v e/scooter and my 12v RV, not at the same time. The MPPT states (15a 12v/24v), hook battery first, then panel/then lo...

Pipe Repair in RV

Good day, all. After the marvelous help I got with the Water Heater Pilot, now we have a water leak. I found the leak; its in a 'T' of the gray PVC. Is that schedule 80? Anyway, it is in a very tough place to work, so I wonder can I just cut out the ...

Electric water pump

Went camping last week end, the water pump kept turning on and off for about three to five second at a time through out the day and night Any one got any ideas ?