Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Listing of AMP usage?

Happy Father's Day!Getting closer to taking shakedown trip with new to us fiver.I need to find a listing of AMP usage for appliances/equipment.Living in Florida means the A/C is a must, so I need to knowwhat else I can run with it on. Am limited to 3...

vetdame by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Renogy solar?

I can get 100 watt RV system through Amazon complete with 10 amp controller, mounting brackets and cables for $229 delivered. Anyone know anything about this company?Thanks......DJ

_DJ_1 by Explorer II
  • 60 replies
  • 0 likes

"how to" on installing a 30 amp plug at your home?

So I'd like a 30 amp plug installed in my garage, is this something a DIYer can do? I was curious also if it is possible to use the wiring for an existing basic outlet to swap out the standard plug with a 30 amp plug if the breaker fuse is updated to...

efiguero by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar panel Install

Hi I think a question is in order. I'm installing a 80watt gopanelwith a 25amp reg. no where in the doc or what i found on the net is what i'm looking for. why is their no off/on switch when coming fromthe panel? I might be over thinking, but what if...

Plastic Sink Repair

Ya at eeh Good Afternoon ...we have a minor problem with the kitchen sink in our 7 year old Cougar, it has developed a small 3/4" crack in the bottom right next to the colander, but not down around to the threads. The bottom of the sink is so thin (...

milo by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

No 12 Volts on battery, fully charged

I am new to RV's, usually can troubleshoot electrical issues but when I am plugged into a generator or shore power, I have 12 volts but when I unplug I lose 12 volts even though the battery is fully charged. When plugged in the gage indicates fully c...

tombstn by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

converter buzzing

My converter sounds like its sending morse code messages. Not a loud buzzing, but I had to track it down this morning. We are on shore power at an Indiana state park and have been on shore power at home in between trips. I don't hear it all the ti...

12v water pump acting up

Our motor home is just over a year old and has a Shurflo Model 4008-101-E65 water pump installed. A few days ago when I turned on the faucet at the kitchen sink we had good water pressure for a few seconds then the stream of water slowed way down. ...

modmidget by Explorer II
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Carrier Air - V heatpump replacement

Carrier stopped making RV A/Cs. A couple weeks ago I had problems with mine and discovered the there were only 3 replacement parts in the country (two remaining after I get mine fixed). I love the design because I can change from heat pump to furnace...

Can I Modify Portable Gen Exhaust ?

Has anybody modified the way the exhaust was pointed on your portable generator.Like rather than exhaust shooting straight out of the back, installed a 90 degrees elbow?A master small engine mechanic told me not to modify the exhaust since it would c...

stevekk by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Combining a 6v bank with existing 12v bank

My new motorhome came equipped with two 12v deep cycle batteries rated at 160ah each that connect to a Xantrex ProWatt 1800 inverter as in the left side of the below diagram. We dry camp quite a bit so I'm torn between removing the 2 twelves and goin...

Dometic frig quit

My son is at the lake without a computer so I will try to relay his troubles. His Frig is a Dometic Americana Mod.RM2652. He moved his fifth wheel two weeks ago and it was working fine. Yesterday when he went to the camp ground it was not working on ...

Surge Protector didn't work?

A couple of weeks back my AC and DC power killed simultaneously, and i had been trying to figure out the problem. I was getting 125v at all the breakers, but still no power. I finally opened my Progressive Industries Model EMS-HW30C surge protector, ...

KcBorne by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes