Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dometic Refer Fridge Portion not Cooling

I did a search to find this issue but turned up minimal.I have a 2011 Keystone Cougar 328 with a Dometic Refrigerator.The Freezer part seems to be cooling fine, but the Fridge might get down to a temp of 70. very minimal cooling. It also only seem...

Gkaiser by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Another Battery Question - Are my batteries OK?

I have been reading all the posts about batteries on this forum and others trying to decide what is best for my situation. Any advice is welcome. I think the more I read the more I decide there is something wrong with my batteries… Here is my situati...

Thermoguy by Explorer II
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Fan lid direction and covers

Hello!I am new to RV thing and I noticed that my 2008 Majestic 23A has strange vent configuration. Two vents that are in main space are passive and they open so that air when traveling is pushing lid down.The Fan-tastic fan lid in washroom is in reve...

Germax by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Hooking up 30A at home

I'd really like to be able to run the AC on my rig when I've got it parked outside the house before we take off on a trip. The 110V house supply isn't enough but I do have a 220V / 30A outlet in the garage which is a 14-30 outlet. I'm looking and rea...

eldel by Explorer
  • 44 replies
  • 0 likes

No 12 V juice--battery or converter?

My new-to-me 2014 Coachmen C (21QB) has no 12 V juice without the generator running. As in, the lights won't even come on. The battery is a cheapo, previous treatment unknown. When I looked at it prior to buying, the generator was running, becau...

2007 Cedar Creek Silverback slide out issue

The big slide with the couch and dinette when sliding in...at the last 8 inches or so the top rear corner seems to hang. If someone is outside pushing not super hard before it catches...it will go all the way in.I measured on full extension and the ...

Replacing ceiling lights & adding more light

As usual, the incandescent bulbs in my ceiling lights put out way too much heat, use way too much electricity, and don't put out enough light. Also the fixture covers are somewhat dingy.I'm looking at these Lumitronics brand for both double and sin...

Top of Slideout Not Fully Retracting

I have a side slideout that the top is not fully retracting in an Eagle Cap 1160. The bottom of the slideout is making good contact with the outside seal, however the top of the slideout needs to come in an additional 1/2" - 3/4".It seems to move no...

reddrum by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

AC toast?

My wife and I are in the process of doing a makeover on our 5er. We keep our rv in a storage yard and conveniently, there is power.It was in the upper 90's so i dutifully checked the voltage - it was 120 spot on! terrific.I fired up the AC, shut do...

jodeb720 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic 1062

It is 18 years old but cools fine it if is not too warm outside. Under 80 outside I get 38-40 degrees. In the 80 degree bracket it reads 40-45 and 90+ 45-50.I always park it possible with the sun not on the fridge side.I figure it is not for certai...

twor by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

House/chassis battery issue

I have a 2007 Coachmen Concord DS275 and discovered that the only way to charge the chassis batteries is by the alternator. Shore power charges house batteries only. This is a real issue for me as the engine cracking speed is critical in starting th...

Fantastic Fan Temp Sensor Isues

The temperature sensor is out of calibration or something. It will only turn the fan off if the temp is cool, and that is with the temp dial almost all the way to the coldest setting (in the blue). It used to work perfect. On a hot day I cannot tu...

Rooftop solar

Hi All, I'm getting ready to add an additional solar panel to my already existing factory installed solar system (same panel and manufacturer). I have a walk on roof that has a thin skin over it. My question...can I "assume" that since its walk on th...

Water pump check valve.

Hi all. After listening to my water pump burp at long intervals for several seasons, it has begun to do so about every 15 minutes or so. I have no idea what model of pump I have but is it generally possible to clean or service the check valve. I do n...

bguy by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Suburban Water Heater Gas Control Valve

Has anyone removed the thermostatic gas control valve on a 10 gallon Suburban water heater?I am in the process and it appears it is like the drain plug that has the threads all full of rust when removed. This is probably worse yet as it has never be...

Bluedog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes