Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Refrigerator left running with doors open for 2 weeks !

Had kids playing in the RV when it was out in the driveway ready to be put into storage with the fridge/freezer doors propped open with door clips. I'm guessing one the kids was pushing buttons and turned on the fridge and I just noticed it now 2 wee...

Can AUTO mode damage A/C from frequent shutdowns?

Have a dometic air conditioner with the wall mounted controller. The A/C reacts differently based on the FAN setting being low, high, or auto. If the fan is set to low the A/C runs 24/7 on the low fan speed and i can hear when the compressor kicks of...

wopachop by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter ?

1. When i stop for the day does the inverter automatically start working -Provided of course I am not hooked up to shore power?2. Does the inverter run power to all electrical plugs like tv's lights, etc or are there designated electrical plugs that ...

jimbo4UT by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Keeping water out of revoltuon mh engine air intake

The air intake on Revolution MotorHomes is on the side of the coach about 6 ft up at rear of coach on drivers side.The intake hose goes down to the air filter mounted on side of the frame.Needless to say water gets to the filter and all the filters s...

down_home by Explorer II
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Backup Camera Replacement - AWESOME Help

Looking for some advice & recommendations.I need to replace the backup camera in my 35 foot motorhome. I would like to do the work myself, so therefore thinking a wireless camera would be best.How well do the wireless camera & monitors work? Is the...

No trailer brakes

DW and I are spending the summer in Olathe, CO - can't stand the humidity in FL! When I was preparing to unhook here, I wanted to move my Curt slider hitch to the rear or maneuver position, so I positioned to slide lever on the hitch, got in the truc...

No transmission stick

Ok so i am working on this 1977 dodge mobile Traveler. 318 and guessing a 727. Anyways went to check the Transmission fluid and what i found confused me it was not a dip stick but a rubber cap boot. And when i started to pulled it out it looked like ...

Class C

I am pretty new to RVing while I am traveling I take everything off the tables and counters so when I stop for a break I have o set everything back up, Question do I need to take everything up or is it safe to travel with the coffee pot on the counte...

NC4ME by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Fridge repair

Hi!I haven’t been here in a long time!! Got sucked into the FB RV pages. Anyway, I have friends whose RV fridge (not a residential type) is out and they are hoping to repair as they are wanting to sell rig. I remember reading about some place where ...

Inverter on or off

Our previous Class A's had a converter but not an inverter. A we always used the genset when travelling. I never thought much about the difference in the 2. Our new FW has a residential fridge and an inverter. I am not 100% sure when to have on or of...

way2roll by Navigator
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Inverter/Converter

Just purchased a 2015 Ellipse 42QD after experiencing travel in a Newmar Ventana for several years. I was accustomed to manually turning on and off of the inverter during times when I wasn't hooked up to electric so that my fridge would run. Of cours...

DC power issue after installing inverter

Hi everyone, first post here.This question is in regards to an early 2000s Gulf Stream Seahawk 5th wheel RV.I've never owned an RV myself, but I've lived in trailer that I gutted and customized with AC power, water, etc.I was trying to help a friend ...

bchoate by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

a comparision of two different LI chemistries

Hi,This doesn't inspire confidence in the Lithium Iron Phosphate. But it may just be advertising?https://lghomebatteryblog.eu/en/this-is-why-ncm-is-the-preferable-cathode-material-for-li-ion-batteries/?fbclid=IwAR1K_cnSG477gxCWp1ajSOB7xmIT23TR1f0KFI4...