Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Monitor Panel

Just came home with another travel trailer. 2015 Jayflight 32 BHDS. It has a KIB monitor panel with the switches for water pump, electric and gas water heater operation. All of the switches function, water pump runs and gas fires on the water heater....

marc71 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood water heater electric switch

I thought our water heater wasn’t working on electric, Now I find out that it was. light in the switch that wasn’t working. Ok pick up a new switch and the water heater is still working but the light in the switch is still not. Any other ideas? As us...

ceasare by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ruler readings???

14.17 in. What would that reading be on a ruler? 14 1/2--143/4 etc etcpiston length.need to know how long this piston is... see 3rd diagram...

joelyn by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lubricating manual tongue jack - it binds

Got an issue with the tongue jack on the TT.It is manual and has always been fairly easy to crank up and down, even with my 800 and something pound tongue weight.Middle of a 3 week trip at several destinations in Saskatchewan, the past couple times I...

Electric tongue jack. Good brand name?

I have got to a point where cranking a manual tongue jack has become difficult. I have a badly injured right shoulder from a tumble off a ladder at work a few years ago. Rotator cuff, 2 tendons torn right off the bone, a 3rd torn half through. Use of...

My Strange Norcold 1200 [7] colder than [8] or [9]?

I've been experimenting with my Norcold 1200 temps. It seems it might actually get colder set at "7" than higher. Seems odd.Seems it gets colder from 1 thru 7, but setting it on 8 or 9 it appears that the temps go down not up. anyone ever heard of...

kmb1966 by Explorer
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Odd tire wear

What would cause this odd wear on only the outer tread blocks? Inner tread blocks are smooth/round. These are the only two tires on the trailer that show this type of wear.

shutting down generator with air conditioner running

I know the ideal scenario would be to shut off the A/C at the thermostat prior to turning off the generator, but in practice I'm sometimes pulling into a gas station with the generator and air running and just kill the generator from the drivers seat...

propane campstove

Our propane campstove has lots of warnings about not using it in an enclosed space, like an RV or a home.Why would a propane campstove produce more CO than a propane RV stove? Or, for that matter, a propane stove at home?Our home electric range needs...

waynefi by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Yet another "Is this generator a good one" thread

Sams Club is advertising this 2200 watt inverter generator for $399. I have a Honda 2000 watt, but for that price, I might be interested.Is this one in any way comparable to the Honda? Can this one be paralleled with a Honda?(For $30 less you can get...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

disconnected furnace, now AC doesn't work

My husband and I are doing some mods to our 5th wheel, and decided to remove the furnace (Florida folks), and put in a fireplace. My husband tore out the old furnace, and tossed it, but when we tried to turn the AC on, it no longer functions. Neith...

Trailer brakes stop working when headlights are on

My Reflection has developed an issue where the trailer brakes stop working when my headlights are on. In the truck I get a Check Trailer Wiring message. When this occurs the trailer brakes don't work. When I turn the headlights off trailer brakes wor...

Adjust brakes with drop axle??

I've adjusted brakes without problems on my trailers with straight axles. My little trailer has drop axles I guess to keep it close to the ground. The piece that makes the drop almost covers the brake adjuster slot. I don't see how to get at the cog ...