Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

45 psi fresh water pump in a 20-30 psi system

I need to replace the fresh water pump on my motorhome (old one got stolen while during renovations). The rig manual says the system is 20-30 psi but I found a new pump on kijiji that is rated at 45 psi. Any issues along the road if I buy that one?Th...

panamea by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Duo Therm heat pump (AC) fan runs but shuts off

Looking for any help. Our AC fan comes on but everything goes off once the compressor attempts to start (I think). I can set it on fan only and it will run all day. Setting the unit to cool will run the fan for a few minutes then everything shuts o...

My latest Onan 2500 LP Thread - No A/C Output

Wow... Seems 80% of my RV maintenance time has been spent on the Onan 2500 LPThe latest issue is no A/C power.We started it up the other day and it runs like a champ now that I've done so much to it. However this time, it never switched on the power...

Confusion on battery charging

I am confused about the best practices for charging batteries. For 7 years I had 300 AH of Lifeline AGM batteries, 270 watts of solar and a simple charging system. My old camper has a 110 volt charger that is not adjustable and factory set at 13.3 ...

JimK-NY by Explorer II
  • 58 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold n811 refridgerator not working

I have a Norcold n811 refridgerator and it suddenly stopped functioning. After my troubleshooting attempts I'm at a loss. The thermistor is functioning, the heating unit gets hot, the condenser fins at the top are hot to the touch, but the absorber t...

USMA_Dad by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

How to Replace AC Compressor on GM 8.1 Vortec.

I am about to replace the Compressor on the above Subject. This is on a 2008 Itasca Latitude 39W UFO gas pusher with the Workhorse UFO R26 chassis.Has anyone done this themselves? Perhaps you have detailed DIY instruction and illustrations?

Profcadd by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Re: Use of Star Washers for Ground Connections

Hello; did an internet search but I am still confused. I am grounding two wires together to the frame of my Suburban using a bolt, washer, split ring washer and nut. Questions: Is this sufficient? Is the use of a star washer advisable? In what pos...

Decent RV Repair?

I took my 2011 Arctic Fox to a local RV repair place. I had never had the bearings repacked, so I wanted them done.The service rep sold me a hundred buck inspection package. One of the inspection items was the rear passenger side wheel bearing. If th...

Generator and ac

Question, I have read some topics on this. I finally go my ac to come on with the generator. I don’t know if I have a 13.5 or 15k unit. It is central/ducted unit. I have a 3200/4000 watt generator. I plugged in and got the ac running but the generato...

Ls1adam by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Converters

Does anyone have any knowledge of the 120v converters? I have a 37', triple axle, 3 slides, 2 refrigerators, 2 heat pumps(for belly a/c), washer and dryer, microwave etc. in an Alfa Gold. Can anyone tell me why it came with an 80 amp converter? I no ...

dmitchal by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP!!!!!! with last step of inverter install

I'm finishing up on installing the AIMS Power PWRIX120012S 1200 Watt Pure Sine Inverter, with Built In Transfer Switch. i have installed a sub panel, and should the sub panel be Bonded or not.Thanks for your help...marty

mdock2 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Progressive Industries shout out

Gotta give a good shout out to Progressive Industries. I have been using their EMSPT50C surge protector for several years now. For some reason it failed during our last camping trip. Called them and reported the problem. Sent them a few pics of the u...

Converters

Does anyone have any knowledge of the 120v converters? I have a 37', triple axle, 3 slides, 2 refrigerators, 2 heat pumps(for belly a/c), washer and dryer, microwave etc. in an Alfa Gold. Can anyone tell me why it came with an 80 amp converter? I no ...