Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Electrical Question

I've learned on this forum to plug my extension cord into the trailer before plugging the other end into the wall outlet, like when I'm in my driveway . (to avoid arching) Makes sense, and doing it that way is now just habit. Next question: Does it...

salem by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Did I miss anything?

A few days back I posted about replacing my damaged 10watt solar panel that is basically useless and does not work anyway. We are in the process of selling the rig and I don’t want to spend a lot of money putting in something I will not be using and...

Security cameras for my motorhome

I am researching security cameras. We will be taking to the road in about a month as full-time RVers in our new class C. There are a lot of features advertised and Reolink seems to pop up as one of the best. Are there other brands I should look at ...

rvnubee by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Schwintek slide top/bottom alignment

Hello,I recently purchased a used Shadow Cruiser TT and after a few trips I am having an issue with the slide.When putting it out, the top goes all the way out but the bottom does not. Its about 1-1/2" from fully out. I've tried the realignment proc...

VE9PTR by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Which surge guard and why?

Looking at the hardwire models of the TRC Surge Guard, and the Progressive Industries surge guards.. Looking for info on both from those that have one,and why you chose the one you chose

suprz by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Costco GC2 Batts

Well, One of my 4 year 4 month old GC2s from Costco just coughed up a cell during a cold Coast camp trip!! Sure I could buy another $86 Batt,, but I would still have a 4+ year old one.. Ordered two T105 Trojans,,, hopefully I wont report back for fiv...

jake2250 by Explorer
  • 54 replies
  • 0 likes

How do I turn off my solar panels?

I have a 50-watt solar panel that I keep on the roof of my RV to keep the batteries charged when parked at the storage lot. Today I needed to disconnect my batteries while I disconnected and removed my converter for testing. When I was about to disc...

What’s that screen?

What is that screen like inside the port of the black tank flush?Is that a water regulator?I see that also in the city water connection of the RV

Secure TV during travel

I just installed a 19" Naxa NT1907 in my TC. There was already a wall mount installed (2 arm style). The set isn't that heavy but the spec claims 5# (I'd guess half that). I noticed that the mount without TV will sometimes swing out from the wall ...

bkenobi by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

auto gen start A/C

Anyone using the auto gen start for A/C? I spoke with Cummins rep concerning this feature for Onan 5.5kw generator. Seems like a good way to save on LP when you don't need the generator running all night to power other items.Application would be f...

markm by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic Thermostat Error code ??

We have 2015 Voltage Toyhauler with 3 A.C. units. Unit 3 is located in the garage area and only blows warm air. I replaced the capacitor and both the fan and compressor kicks on,,, and keep running but blows warm air. After running for just a minu...