Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Htr / Air controls do not shift the vents - Vacuum issue?

The heater / air conditioning vents seem to be stuck in the defrost setting even when I turn the control knob to Vent or air conditioning, etc.... I do not hear the normal vacuum sound when I move the dial like I normally do.Is there a vacuum hose s...

John_S2 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Suggest a better way to drain freshwater tank

My older "C" has no low point drain. For years I drained it by pumping the water with the grey valve open. Lately, I decided to pump it by leaving the water heater plug out. I got to wondering if there might be a easy mod that would drain the tank di...

Got my new (used) batteries!! Now, how do I rejuvenate them?

After a YEAR of Murphy's-law delays (his health, my health, getting stranded on the way there, etc., etc.) I have finally got my hands on 4 Fiamm 132aH, Just like Mr Wizard's.I figure I should check in with you guys 1st, rather than just stick them o...

Naio by Explorer
  • 173 replies
  • 0 likes

A/C issue

2008 Cougar TT, first time using it this year, air seemed to be working after setting on site although didn't seem as cold as previous years but this is first time I haven't been on shaded site. Temp that day 85,60% humidity. A/C ran for a few hours ...

Tankless 120V water heater for family of 6

My daughter's family is still having problems with their 6 gallon Atwood propane water heater working inconsistently (less than 3 years old). Now they are talking about a tankless 120V water heater so the family can actually take showers in their TT...

Norcold 962 - Old Unit

A good friend of mine has a 962 and she's having an issue with it not cooling. She turned it off, defrosted it (because of the ice build up) and when she turned it back on, it's not working.I've had her adjust the thermister up - but that's not work...

Which A/C model?

It looks like i will be needing a new A/C unit for the coach, i know there is a adaptor for Coleman to use the remote control unit etc.. from a Carrier A/C unit. But other than knowing i want another 15,000 BTU unit, which coleman model would you c...

suprz by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

95 Dynasty, Heart Interface Panel, Freedom 20,

New engine batteries. New house batteries.Engine and generator start and run fine.Hooked up to 110v shore power and/or the generator running....Inverter charging batteries as it should.Heart Interface Panel LED's light up like Christmas.Inverter/char...

jimwrye by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solar combiner box questions

I'm looking for a solar panel combiner box for the RV's roof.I'm going to start with 2 panels with the option to add 2 more if needed. I've seen some that are stupid expensive and some that aren't even remotely weather resistant (and still really pr...

johnm1 by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper Cable Gauge

My cousin is has a smittybilt winch (model 97495 XRC).It comes with a 5' 4 gauge cable that's supposed to be connected directly to the battery. If he wants to put a longer cable (15' to be exact) how much larger does the gauge need to be for 15'.I s...

jodeb720 by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

electrical issues

My grandson hooked my tt to his shop via power cord. tt is 30 amp. Everything worked ok for a couple of days. Now refridge, elect water heater and AC dont work. Light fixtures dont work. Microwave, area heater and table lamps do work. Before I talk t...

asherl33 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Gray tank is loose and leaking

I noticed some water under the RV the other day and climbed under to find that one side of the gray tank has worked its way loose. It seems to hold water from the sinks without a problem, but taking a shower puts a lot of water weight into the plasti...

Easytime by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

CCI Controls Model 3350 Monoxide Detector

I purchased a used 1997 Safari Serengeti Motor Coach and the flush mount Carbon Monoxide Detector is out of date. I need to replace it but cannot find this particular model. Does anyone know where I could get one or if some other company makes one th...