Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GENERAC i2000

I had not seen this before the advertisement but they claim hundreds of dollars cheaper, somewhat quieter, and more features.Marvin

Reefer operation while covered..?

I've been polishing up the MH for the coming season. We are hooked up to shore power and use the reefer as extra cold space.Once I'm done with the polish, I think I should power down the reefer before covering the MH.Am I correct thinking that runni...

Gonzo42 by Explorer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 likes

Residential Refrigerators

We are looking at a toy hauler which has a residential refrigerator powered by an inverter. The salespeople, their supervisor, and so on say that you can run the refrigerator on one battery using the inverter for 8-10 hours. What is your experience...

Yamaha 2000 extended run fuel tank

Hello all. I picked up a pair of used Yamaha 2000 generators like new. They came with the hook up to run both generators together. I would like to make an extended run fuel system to run off a 6 gal Boat tank gravity feed. I've read on line the gene...

Welder99 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

No Ceiling lights on Battery Power

I am stumped. I have just repurchased my old 1979 Starcraft Tent trailer. I reworked all the running, stop and tail lights. Everything works great. The two ceiling lights worked too along with and outside light I added back in the early 90's.Toda...

aftermath by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Bypass INverter?

2001 National RV Dolphin. OK..it is old...but good. But..like some things old, parts are starting the replacement chapter. Some 2 years ago, replace the CONverter, as it was getting "weak". I called that preventive maintainance.Now...problem with the...

Upgrade old Magnatek converter or replace?

Hi, I have a 94 Tioga Montara and am contemplating upgrading the Magnatek converter/charger and was wondering if I should get a upgrade kit from Best Converters or just buy a whole new unit like a Progressive Dynamics. Thanks, Mike

Disk Brake Conversion

Just a post to let folks know about my Disk Brakes. I had Performance Braking put this conversion on our 2005 Cougar Fifth Wheel, and a guy named Dennis came to my house and did the install. I'm very happy with the system so far. One thing I will m...

Battery disconnect

Picked up a battery disconnect for our fifth wheel. It's the paddle type that connects to the negative battery post. Our trailer has two 12V batteries wired together. I asked the guy at camping world if by installing this switch on one battery would ...

rollexx by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Fort Wayne to Denver

To any of those that have traveled either 80 west to Denver or 70 West to Denver which did you prefer? Pros cons. Will be pulling our 5th. I know that both are very close in distance and time. Just looking for some opinions.

in5r by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold fridge hi temp limit swirch

Any help on this which shows Li oP default flashing code appreciated. Book says " call dealer or norcold" of course when you're out on the weekend and service places don't return calls or want to help. It's a 2014 MH. So not really old. Any home re...

by Not applicable
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Thermostat

If temp in camper is 70 have to turn down thermostat to 50 to make ac come on. Any suggestions to what is wrong?

DSI igniter clicking after burner is lit

Brand new to me fifth wheel. Having issues with the water heater, electric and gas. Going to worry about gas first. The unit lights and makes hot water. That's the positive. It's extremely dirty and I haven't had a chance to clean it yet. The i...

Fixing leaking front window (worn exterior seal)

My travail trailer front window is leaking around the frame, by the outside seal which is apparently compromised.Removing front windows is a pretty straight forward process... remove all screws from the inside frame, then push on the window while som...

vlopddap by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes