Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

950w 2-Stroke Gen Questions Update

Updated 22 FebNeed a new thread on how to work/maintain the 2-stroke 950w genThis OP built of some posts from old thread now off topic for that thread.----------------http://www.kingcanada.com/Files/KCG-950G_manual-eng.pdfFound this. Adds to the oth...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

12v and 110v and techquestions

Hello,I have just started to look for my first RV travel trailer and I had a few questions.First off I am am a bit of a tech lover. I do well with wiring diagrams and schematics, but I just can't find any details to what's inside of the new rvs I am ...

seven pin plug

I have a 2000 Bounder on the Ford F-53 chassis it came prewired with a 4 wire flat plug for trailer lights. I would like to change it over to a seven pin plug. Does anyone know if there is a prewired existing plug already provided by Ford on the c...

battery charging

When charging (2) 12volt rv batteries through the on board converter/charger, would two honda eu2000's work any better than just using one genny to charge?

sign_man by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

A new one for me - S&B electrical issue...

This is for the house, not the RV. The wall that our entertainment system (just a computer, DVD player, smart tv & Nintendo Wii for the kids) is a small wall that goes along the stairs to the second floor. There are 2 outlets. On each outlet, the ...

mgirardo by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Battery issues

Our trailer has 2 group 24 12V batteries. They seem to discharge quickly. With just the parasitic loads of fridge electronics, CO/Propane monitor and radio(not running) the voltage will drop from 12.6 to 12.4 over 6 hours.I measured the draw and it...

Deck Box as a Generator Quiet Box?

All-I was lying in bed last night thinking of a way to quiet down my Champion 3500w generator. I have read several different post on RV.net as well as on the web however I came up with the thought of using a plastic deck box to quiet my generator. ...

bgradert by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

A 50amp lesson learned

We have had our new 5th wheel for about a month now. It's our first RV with 50amp service. All previous have had 30amp. I moved it about 50 miles yesterday to a new RV park. When I arrived I plugged into the 50A service at the site. Both lights light...

jmcgsd by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

awning parts

I've got the roller part of an 18' awning that came off my TT. Canvas was ripped, so I took it off and had it stored in my garage. Yesterday, sold TT but the guy didn't want the awning roller, took the arms. Now it's sitting in my front yard. Is it w...

photobug by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Slide topper part came loose - what is it?

While extending my dinette slide yesterday, it briefly "hung up", followed by a loud pop from outside. Thought something broke with the hydraulics or gears. My wife was observing from the outside and said she saw something fly off the top of the sl...

AKF15E by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Progressive Industries EMS PT30x Pricing - Canada

Hi All,Well, probably similar to most of you, we are anxious to hitch up and head out. In the meantime, we are looking for a quality surge protector and pretty much landed on this model, for a few reasons.They are quite expensive however, so I am wo...

Camco 55333 generator adapter a fire hazard?

HiBack in 2015 I bought a 4000 watt generator to use with my 30A RV. Since it had a twist lock connection, I had to find an adapter. The Camco was it. And it is rated at 30A. We have had zero problems out of it until recently. Recently, I switched ou...

joem789 by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

T5 wedge type incandescent conversion to LED

Has anyone converted their old 12v/10w T5 wedge incandescent bulbs to a T5 wedge LED equivalent? I was directed to Amazon for best prices, but I'm overwhelmed by the choices available. I have had disappointing brightness (low) in the past.

Birth Of The Gigawatt

Jim in Denver's Megawatt has been perverted. Larger toroid choke, 80 amp 150 volt diodes rather than 30 amp 100 volt. Panasonic 680uf caps, 10x more airflow via two external roof fans. And...57.2 amperes* into 12.0 volts for 9 hours and 10 more or le...

Magnum normal float amp draw

Noticed the Magnum charger in my class A shows 4 amps plugged into to 50 amp shore power and then will go up to 16 amps and stay there. That seems excessive. My son's parked next to mine shows 4amp draw...? Is the likely problem a battery (open,short...