Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

solutions for sloppy hitch?

Hi, cheapskate here - I got what I paid for. Bought a $200 adjustable class V drop hitch, rather than one of those fancy $600-1000 machined ones.Of course, being cheap, the fitment is total carp. It slops up and down a good 1/2" or so, and side to si...

Low beam doesnt work

2005 Monaco Diplomat and the low beams dont work. I thought it was the bulb so I purchased a new one (9005 HB3) but got same results. I also replaced the bulb next to it which is an 9006 HB4. Could the low and high beams operate on separate relays? C...

lead in water

With lead in water making the news lately, I decided to do some testing at home. With all new 2006 cpvc plumbing, I didn't expect to see much of a problem, but was concerned about the 2006 brass fixtures. Sure enough, the first draw off of a bathroom...

stevenal by Nomad II
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Problems with my refrigerator.

I have a 6 cuft Dometic DM 2652 2 door refrigerator. It has stopped cooling.When I push the button on the front to cut it on, nothing happens. The interior light will not come on. And it smells of ammonia when I sniff the outside of it.I know I ha...

Atlee by Explorer II
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

LED Light Strips

This post isn't really about an RV of any kind but I know you folks here are very familiar with LED lighting. My work shop has some aging flourecent lights in it that need replacing. I would like to replace them with LED light strips. I would be inte...

Hot Water Issue

Hey, Kids! There are a couple other posts nearby, that are close to my issue, but not close enough that I feel like hijacking their threads.My issue, which I have had for some time is just wierd. Hers' what I know. When I turn on the heater in a full...

50 Amp Outlet Installation Question

Good Evening!My name is Trent, I own a 2015 Keystone Hideout and need technical advice on installing a 50amp outlet.I have read many posts on my issue but cannot seem to figure it out for the life of me!At the area where I park my RV, I have a main p...

1994 Bounder Questions

Howdy folks, I'm hoping someone may have experience with a near same year/model to my rig.It is relatively new to me as such I haven't had a ton of time to go over systems other than the basics.First question, Should the converter charge my chassis b...

Deka Intimidator Batteries?

I was going to purchase some Fullriver DC250-6 AGMs for my project but I've been told that every DC250-6 battery in the US was purchased for a large order being shipped overseas and it will be at least until mid-December until they are available agai...

Generator air conditioning

Trying to get a idea hove long a Honda EU 3000is will run on a tank of gas whith a 15000 btu air conditioner running using about 14A, so a bit more than 50% load, I have a Magnum hybrid MSH 3000 for start up loads. 520A of battery's and 600W of solar...

Slownsy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

No 12 volt power after disconncting coach battery

I recently disconnected my coach battery to check for water levels and no longer have 12 v power. I forgot to disconnect shore power before doing this. All of the fuses are okay and everything works with shore power or with the generator running. Bat...

chefdc1 by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Nice Remote Mounted Alternator Rectifier

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-MDS300A-3-Phase-Diode-Bridge-Rectifier-300A-Amp-Power-1600V-/252284678660?hash=item3abd56b204:g:4~cAAOSwe7BWvWFkhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Large-Aluminum-Heat-Sink-10-x-3-5-x-2-5-Flat-Bottom-/232126770902?hash=item360bd56ed6:...

Converter charger or inverter charger ?

Batteries not getting enough charge from oem converter charger. Will be looking into a inverter soon. So what would be the best setup, replacing converter charger or getting a inverter charger ?

Delamination/wood rot, Need repair service advice.

My son has a toy hauler with a leaky window frame that has caused fairly significant delam/wood rot near the rear corner. We live in Arizona and need some suggestions on RV repair locations that could handle the job that you may have used with a high...

sjturbo by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes