Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

RV Comfort zc zone 2 heat gone

I have a RV Comfort.zc 8330B331 3 zone thermostat. 3 ACs, Zone 1 and 2 are heatpumps, Zone 1 and 2 are separate gas furnaces. I've lost Zone 2 electric and gas furnace (nothing shows except the zone number and temp), but I still have Zone 2 AC. I ...

Battery's won't charge while plugged in

I'm having issues with my charging system. It's a 98 vanguard and while plugged in everything works fine except it won't charge my house batteries. I measure across the wires and only get 1 volt. I'm assuming the convertor is ok since everything else...

Atwood Water Heater

Trying to help someone with an electronic ignition Atwood water heater.Will not light. 8 VDC to gas valve with valve disconnected.Is that the correct voltage. Should it be 12 VDC to the valve?

rx2tee by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Propane Leak?

Hi all, Just took my 1976 Coachman Cadet travel trailer out for the first time of the year this weekend and noticed a lingering propane smell in the unit. I did a little research and don't have a leak detector alarm on my unit (Don't worry, I will be...

SirBenji by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Pure Sine Wave vs Modified Sine Wave for fridge

I am thinking about changing my fridge out to a residential unit but I would need to be able to run it from my inverter for up to 8 hours at a time. (I have 4 new Trojan T105 batteries) I have read where the residential refrigerators do not work on M...

Splendide combo not drying

We have a Spledide 6100 combo and have been using it without trouble for 11 years. Typically takes at least two hours to dry. Used it for the first time this season yesterday. Ran through two drying cycles and clothes still wet enough to wring water ...

hawkpat by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

axle seal questions

I need to buy axle seals from my 3500 lb axles and from what I can tell, I need the Dexter 010-004-00 (K71-303-00). I believe they are single lip seals (non EZ Lube hubs) but most sources I found have a high shipping rate or list a double lip seal. ...

Anyone have this solar kit?

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Watts-Monocrystalline-Foldable-Suitcase/dp/B00HR8YNK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1467323028&sr=8-1&keywords=renology+100+watt+solar+panel+briefcaseI just won this kit new in box from an auction sight unseen for $70. Is this ...

800 watt generator tripping, 3500 watt doing fine

Hi all, I'm having a power problem that's got me stumped. We've been dry camping in Alaska for almost 3 months in a 2009 Thor Jazz 2780BH 5th wheel. Most of the time we've been using a Champion 3500 watt (4000 watt starting) generator, but we have a ...

jayspi by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

1990 intervec Chevy Falcon 170

I have a friend with a Falcon 170, in the compartment with the water tank is a location for a second battery, one red wire and two red wires. A second friend is suggesting hooking one of the black wires along with the red wire to the positive side o...

Gdwojo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

country water / anode / Suburban / smelly water ?'n

Hi, we stored our Travel Trailer (Suburban 10 gal water tank) for 2 years and am now camping with it, have had it set up about 6 weeks.We're in a private campground that has a well.The cold water smells a little bit like iron, as it will in this part...

Inverter wiring

I am planning to install a larger inverter in my RV. Currently have a small 400w unit but want to put in a 2,000 watt unit. Can I assume that I need to upgrade the wiring to the batteries? What size red and black wires are needed? Thanks.

Is 100Wh from a standard Group24 battery reasonable?

I don’t know the condition or actual specs on the battery, but its a used battery in a RV I purchased used.Here is how it is marked; M24-1 starting marine battery Marine cranking 625 Cold cranking 500 Reserve capacity 95When using it, I can get a hou...

1995 Ford Tioga Montara starting - wiring diagram

Over the years, I have 'lost' a lot of the deep cycle batteries for unknown reason. Last year, installed a manual 'dog bone' disconnect for the deep cycle batteries (to prevent discharge from a draw).2 years ago, I could not start the engine anymore ...

vtraudt by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes