Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Fridge Problems

I have a 10 year old Dometic 6 cubic foot Refrigerator/Freezer. It is very hot where I live 110+ we have our trailer plugged in and the fridge on. The freezer works perfect we can have new ice cubes about every 3 hrs. The refrigerator portion is not ...

bad 30 amp plug

I have to replace the male end of my 30 plug. The one I got from Home Depot is the Leviton 830-T. Well I got it hooked up but the ground prong is U shaped and it seems like it does not want to go fully into any female receptacle that I have. What is ...

Class C House Battery IMPOSSIBLE To Access Easily

My friend has a Class C motorhome and she will join me on the Big Adventure of 2016. Her house battery is all the way in the back, under the mattress in the far rear corner, with no outside access...impossible to reach easily. She would like to add a...

Panel setup for a camp for three months?

Come the beginning of the year, I make a camp where I hit on weekends for a renaissance festival. This lasts until April.I've been thinking of solar panels, but it would be a semi-permanent affair where I'd have a weekend or two to build it, and a w...

mlts22 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

JT Strongarms for 5th wheel opinion

This question goes out specifically to those of you that have used a tripod under the hitch of your 5th wheel and later decided to switch to JT Strongarms. Are you pleased with the choice you made in switching to this? I am finding the heavy tripod v...

in5r by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

How can I run both air conditioners?

On my HR I have a switch so I can run either the front or the rear air conditioner when on shore power but not both. What is the best way to run both air conditioners at the same time when on shore power? I know that it will involve some re-wiring. W...

Adjust air pressure sensors on rims

I understand that dealers can adjust the differential in low and normal air pressure for the sensors on your rims. I want to have a greater difference in low and normal to stop the dash indicator readout coming on all the time.Does anyone know how to...

DIY rear storage box (see video)

Hi everyone,I'm working on my very first DIY camper conversion, using a 2010 extended Ford E250.I want to add a rear storage box similar to the ones that Aluminess make but I don't want to change the whole bumper anyways it's way out of my budget.Ins...

evy by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Norcold Refrigerator too cold

While getting our now three year old camper ready this season, I turned on the refrigerator (using electricity) for 48 hours to make sure everything was working right. This year, I noticed some frost building up on the fins. So I put a thermometer in...

RobWNY by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Testing AGM batteries?

When I got my last set of batteries (150aH AGM, used), they had been tested on a high-amp car tester. But my friend who knows batteries pretty well said that was not a proper test, that what we should do was put a 25 amp load on, and see how long th...

Naio by Explorer II
  • 37 replies
  • 0 likes

Generator selection

Well, as we get a little more serious about camping, I'm thinking a small generator is in order. I'm looking at either Yamaha or Generac 2000 watt. I need to look at what the AC unit on my TT requires as I'm guessing a 2000watt won't the AC. Pros an...

back yard test of Magnum 3012 Load Support

20160606Hi all,I'm often in situations where I have only 15 amps to play with.I am adverse to running the roof air when voltage drops below 108.I do not yet own an autoformer.The Magnum offers load support, but not voltage support.The test:to run roo...

microwave circuit breaker

My old Dometic m/wave was rated at 13 amps on a 15 amp circuit breaker - came with FW unit when new some 13 years ago. No problem. But old microwave died.Most (all?) replacement microwaves of similar size (including Dometic) want a 20 amp circuit br...