Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Roadmaster reflex stabilizer

When looking at subject for a 97 e350, seems like it uses a RSSC body. When I look at different suppliers for a RSSC, some show with a yellow spring, others show a blue spring. Is there any difference, yes other than color? I know it uses a separat...

tarnold by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

GPS Why not a smart phone?

I am curious as to why a stand alone GPS still seems to be so popular. What with smart phones and tablets being readily available I would think that the stand alone units would sort of fade away. I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone for using wh...

Solar panels on a bubble roof?

So I'm thinking about getting a new (used) van. If I get one with a fiberglass 'bubble' roof, what would be the best way to put solar panels on it? I talked to a roof manufacturer, who said that if the roof is bearing the weight of the panels than I...

Naio by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

AC Power Monitoring Panel

This one I like. It measures many alternating current values and a sore thumb from pushing buttons isn't necessaryhttp://www.banggood.com/Multifunction-AC100A-Digital-LED-Energy-Meter-Power-Monitor-Voltmeter-Ammeter-KWh-Watt-Volt-Amp-with-USB-Cable-p...

How long do you run your genny to keep freezer frozen?

Obviously it depends on outside temperatures :). But, say, at snowbird temps -- highs in the 60s or 70s, lows in the 40s or 50s.I tried plugging mine in for 2 hours a day and it was not enough. But I see on a boat forum somebody saying half an hour...

Naio by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Does this valve disassemble?

Getting ready for our second trip, this time a bit further than the last, and in going over the coach I found one of the brass valves for the water heater bypass leaking slightly. I did attempt to back what appears to be the packing nut off without l...

Dometic thermostat

Hi my dometic comfort control center 2 Has issues I can't find the FURN and AUTO modes anymore Usually I could switch between COOL FURN AUTO FAN and OFFbut now FURN and AUTO modes are gone

fbanman by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

RV furnace electrical

Electrical is not my strong point and the older I get the worse I get, but this should be very simple! I have a 94 Toyota RV with a Everest star 79/80 Series furnace. The wireing and plumbing in the RV were a bit of a mess when I bought it and I am ...

jjrbus by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Cummings 315 year 2000 BLUE SMOKE

We have been full timing now for 15 years. Ten in this Diplomat. Lately she is throwing Blue smoke to the disgust of my neighbors, and I do not blame them.Cummings in Charlotte, NC said it was the #4 injector. (a couple mechanics at parks had said th...

jacsher by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Thinking about solar

DW has decided to downsize since our kids are all grown and gone. We are thinking of going from a 32 foot Class C to a Class B.We are looking at a Roadtrek Zion. Now, to the question.The Zion comes with a 400 amp AGM battery. They have an option from...

Bobbo by Explorer II
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Leaking Lippert Slide pump - with pics

Since we purchased our Wildcat in 2004, we have had problems with the slide moving in and out slowly. We also found that the pump motor draws 70-90 amps! Now the pump reservoir is leaking, presumably around the connection to the pump.Picture 1 is p...

brinet by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Help me design my kitchen (see pictures)

Hi everyone,I'm working on my first DIY camper conversion, using a 2010 extended Ford E250.I'm trying to plan out my kitchen area, this is where I'm at right now (see pictures)If you have any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated, for example...

evy by Explorer
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

Hard starting Honda 2000

I bought a pair of Hondas with the parallel kit two years ago. Used them a couple of times. They are always hard to start after setting a few days. Once you get them started they run great. Shut them off and they will start right back up.I have run s...

Need A Jumbo Size Terminal Strip

Hereya go!12 Section 150 Amp Terminal StripAbove Photos Show Top and Side Views Respectively.150 Amp Rated ContactsDimensions: 10-1/8" L X 1-3/4" W X 1-1/2" Hterminal Center to Center: 0.85"http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/12section150ampterminalstrip....