Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Water level

How much acid should be above the plates on a lead acid battery?Thanks for any inputStew

StewB by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Itasca Ellipse Hydronic Heat Aqua Hot

Good evening,I am having an issue with my rig, which is throwing me for a loop. I have an Itasca Ellipse 42QD with an Aquahot System. When I switch to hydonic heat zone 2 works perfectly. Zone 1 will get the diesel pup started and it will run, but...

tamoreo by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Does DEKA make a good UPS battery?

I took a trip yesterday down near San Diego, it was twofold. One was to replace my free Trojan T-1275 that was a golf cart reject already when I got it with a pig of a 105# UPS 145ah AGM battery from Deka. I have already nicknamed that battery "The ...

Replacing Old Faucet ?

.......I need to replace an old faucet on the kitchen sink ! Being able to get under the sink so I can see what all is involved in removing the old sink looks to be very difficult since there isn't much room to maneauver . Besides , I'm old and fat s...

Old Biscuit had it right

Well, I took his advise and lo and behold it all worked out great! Upand down those hills was a breeze. Thanks again foe all who provided advise.

Kennyg by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Wash 'n wax...

Unsure of the category for this question...Once you've used a good oxidation removed product and have a bit of a shine is there anything else you can use to make it look extra shiny? Something that just wipes on and doesn't have to be wiped back off?

cannesdo by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

PPL Motorhome Parts - Good Response

I ordered a vacuum breaker for my Dometic/Sealand toilet from PPL. It came in the correct part number package but the wrong part was enclosed. i got the one for the toilet with the wand.I called them and within three days the correct one arrived.Go...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Heart EMS 1800

My new to me 1994 Beaver Acclaim came equipped with a Heart Interface EMS 1800 Inverter/Charger. It seemed to be in working order, but recently quit working entirely. The unit has incoming AC voltage thru shore power, or generator power, but no outgo...

6GA wire for 56 cents a foot!

http://www.harborfreight.com/16-ft-6-Gauge-Heavy-Duty-Booster-Cables-60396.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiODMxMDk1NjUiLCJza3UiOiI2MDM5NiIsImlzIjoiMTcuODgiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiOTE4MSJ9%0D%0A&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=4315b&utm_source=1022&cid=mEmail...

Winterizing question

I winterized my 5th first by blowing out the water with my compressor then drawing antifreeze through all the lines. I've done the same thing for the last 4 years without issue. I spoke to a couple of friends on the weekend that said they leave all t...

Battery Question

We are getting ready to take a trip next week. I pulled the camper out the other day to wash it and when I had finished I checked the battery charge. It was down to 12.42 after only a couple hours. I plugged it back in and checked to see if it was ch...

Katdaddy by Explorer II
  • 51 replies
  • 0 likes

12 volt lights on a 24 volt system?

If I upgrade my 500 watt solar system to 1 kw, I will need to either upgrade my solar charger or convert it to 24 volt. I'd much rather do the latter. If I do so, will the 12 volt lights in the trailer work? If not, what must I do to change them o...

General 3500 XL Shuts Off

My Generac 3500 XL was running fine last month. Now it starts up, runs smoothly only if about 45% chocked and then the low oil light comes on and it shuts down. The oil level is fine, but I changed it just to eliminate problems with the old oil. A...

Ikster by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes