Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

What is your favorite 12 volt circuit tester? Results

Most of us have several favorite pieces of electrical/electronics test equipment, from Test Lights to DMM’s. As I have grown older and starting wearing bifocals and hearing aids , I have become more and more reliant on test lights, a DMM with an aud...

Messed up and need some wisdom about Torquing

I messed up, like nobody has ever done before, right? Looking for little bit of wisdom.It was time to adjust my transmission bands. I drained the fluid and removed pan. I went to go get my inch pound torque wrench, and can’t find it. Last time I ...

path1 by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Transient Voltage Spike Protection Home Made Device

I'm stubborn. When I found out how stupidly expensive adequate "Surge Protectors" cost, I hit the roof. Screw that. I ordered the components.Designed for 180 volt peak-to-peak protection ((the standard down here is 127vac 60Hz.)20 mm Metal Oxide Vari...

Dometic A/C not working

Hi I have a Duo-Therm Penquin Roof Top A/C unit made by Dometic on my travel trailer. The on/off switches and fan speed control are located on the unit's inside roof panel not on a wall type thermostat. When I turn the unit on there is no air cooling...

Teoma by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Drop in Cook Top to run on 1lb propane

Hello ,I know this sounds strange to most , but it would be for Very limited use on a trailer that does Not have Any Tank/lines already installed . Of course the tank would be outside when used . My main questions are , What type of regulator would I...

Brake issues resolved....but.....

Wonderful info from forum members helped me solve an ongoing problem with my Prodigy P2 controller intermittently getting SH and OL errors. I replaced the wires from the Pinbox connection to the brakes. I decided to use 12 gauge wire which is a step ...

%&$# RV Refrigerator

Well the so-called testing is done on fridge...I could of sat down and cried! I am sooo disappointed and just couldn't bring myself to post late yesterday. The changing of the regulator helped, our temps on propane is the best it's ever been, 30.5 de...

lap527 by Explorer
  • 30 replies
  • 0 likes

Proflex caulk and fender skirts

There is a caulking seam along the top of our fender skirts which has pretty much failed for the full length on each side. Due to flexing while in transit I guess.Question is, I assume fender skirts are typically HDPE plastic? Almost nothing will s...

Tankless water heater

For those who dry camp I have done field testing on a new tankless heater for Truma corp. Test unit was installed in the spring and I used it several times throughout the summer. They are on the market now. In Nov they installed the production unit. ...

Great service in Colorado Springs

Found ourselves in Estes Park recently with a significant transmission fluid leak, likely from the levellers. Contacted Pro-Tech in Colorado Springs. They squeezed us into a full schedule the next morning, diagnosed the problem, fabricated a part, in...

DC will not work

I Have A 2006 Cardinal Fifth Wheel When I am not plug in to 50 amp.Slide out jack lights do not work. And will not work plug in to the truck I have replace the battery what do I need to check next. ThanksI had the same problem with the old battery a...

Malcal by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

My Repower Adventure

Day 1 of my 460 engine replacement.This is a 460 Ford project with EEC IV, OBD I, speed density computer. Tune and drivability will be addressed, if necessary, when the new engine is running. I have been planning this upgrade for over 2 years.The ol ...

RLS7201 by Explorer
  • 91 replies
  • 0 likes

I want to add a hot water recirc line to my trailer

My wife runs the water in the sink until she gets hot water. When dry camping, that wastes a lot of water. I want to run a recirc line by cutting into my hot water line at the farthest point from the hot water heater, put a tee on it and have a switc...

Norcold N611 Refrigerator Won't Turn On

I have a Norcold N611 two way (gas/electric) Refrigerator that will not come on. I have the trailer connected to 110 volt 30 amp supply and I have 110v to the trailer. When I turn the refer on to "auto" I can heard the relays click, then the green ...

RamTX by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes