Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Good little Inverter

If anyone wants an inexpensive little inverter that performs great, and is completely quiet,.....I don't think it even has a fan. I loaded it w/ 120 watts till it alarmed out at 10.5 volts on this 5 AH AGM SLA battery I was playing w/, and it was war...

furnace start-up noises

Started getting a faint squeal for a few seconds when the fan started. It progressed to a loud one over time, lating 10 or 15 seconds, but always went away and the furnace worked. I suspected the fan was rubbing a little on the housing but now thin...

Suburban Furnace

We have a suburban NT 24M furnace, the board is sporadic as it will ignite the burner the odd time and then nothing. We have been told this board is no longer available either as an OEM board or a dinosaur board. I believe that there are other boards...

Hemi_RT by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Trailer Brake Wear

For those of you who do your own maintenance work, have you noticed if your brakes wear evenly (or unevenly) among the four wheels? This assumes tandem axle. It also assumes no failures in the brakes such as bad magnet(s), broken wires, lockups , etc...

Remote thermostat control?

I've searched, both on here and online , high and low trying to find an aftermarket replacement thermostat that I can control from the confines of my nice, warm bed rather than getting up in the cold morning and turning up the furnace. DW and I both...

AJBert by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Furnace problems

Went to turn on the furnace for the first time this year and the fan came on but just cold air, no heat, it seems like it couldn't ignite. The air coming out was cool and could get hot like it usually does. My first thought is it needs to be cleaned....

Generator exhaust rusted out

One of the joys of living in the Northeast--rust! I discovered that the exhaust pipe on my Onan 4000 generator has rusted through. Do you think that a good muffler shop will be able to fix this, or should I take it to Cummins/Onan? I would think...

jillhop by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Help replacing old Atwood Water Heater with New Atwood

Well I am trying to replace my old 10 gallon electric / gas Atwood water heater.Water inlet and out let appear to be in the same location.110 volt line hook up is in the same location.The old unit has three wires from the control unit (Blue, Green, B...

Black Water Tank

I have just finished reading several posts concerning various issues with black water tanks. I managed to find a lot of posts with questions, but not the answers, although I did read some. Some folks suggested using septic cleaner. We have used th...

Recommendations to replace BlueSky 2000 MPPT

Getting closer to end my charging problems; (long cable run)Easiest is to replace the controllerNeed one with:Remote battery voltage senseBattery temp senseuser defined and easily set charge parametersNot a lot of room near the batteries for the cont...

Honda EU200i issue

I've had an intermittent problem with my Honda EU200i. It's happened since new but couldn't reproduce the problem. Finally, this fall we were camping in the mountains of Idaho. When the temperature dropped below 45 degrees outside during the evening,...

jstaffon by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

replacement oven hinges nonexistent

I just got a new (to me) 1998 Holiday Rambler travel trailer that looks brand new inside and out and everything works. Except the oven.It is a Wedgewood by Atwood LP Gas Range Model RW2130 and has TWO problems with it: It needs a safety valve in th...

lanahi by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Bad Battery?

Purchased two GC-2 Interstates back in Sept. of 2013. For a couple months now, my charger (not the onboard converter/charger) has been telling me "bad battery", cannot charge. Thinking the charger is going out, I put it on several other batteries and...

joeshmoe by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes