cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alaska Caravan - Summer 2017??

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone interested in caravanning together on a 60 day or so round-trip to Alaska this coming summer?

I'll ether pull my 5th wheel or load my 2004 Lance 815 up and take that. My wife and I are both early 60's, pretty physically fit and like to see and do things along the way. We're flexible as to when we depart and return, but cannot leave earlier than mid-to-late May.

I'm thinking, maybe 3-4 rigs traveling together or at least meeting up every night (or two)could be a good thing for the right couples.

Any interest out there?
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'
18 REPLIES 18

R__Walter
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
R. Walter wrote:
Anyone interested in caravanning together on a 60 day or so round-trip to Alaska this coming summer?

I'll ether pull my 5th wheel or load my 2004 Lance 815 up and take that. My wife and I are both early 60's, pretty physically fit and like to see and do things along the way. We're flexible as to when we depart and return, but cannot leave earlier than mid-to-late May.

I'm thinking, maybe 3-4 rigs traveling together or at least meeting up every night (or two)could be a good thing for the right couples.

Any interest out there?

what start date did you have in mind?
we and two other couples are going, and have not made any hard arrangements yet.

My wife and I will be in Massachusetts until about mid-May or so. Currently, we're in Florida and plan to go up to Mass about April 1 or when the weather has cleared up some from the winter.

We'll probably shoot down to NM first and then leave from there. I'm thinking that the second week in June or so would be a good time to cross into Canada as a start date, but am flexible.

Thoughts?
2016 Ram 3500 Aisin SRW LB
2005 Hitchhiker DA 31.5
Fulltimin'

gemert
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning on entering Canada at Sweetgrass Montana on or about June 1st. We have reservations at Grizzly Bear Resort over July 4th. We only drive 4 hours a day and sometimes stay somewhere we like for 2-4 days. That is the extent of our plan. We are not opposed to traveling with others but we understand that our travel patterns are a little different than most. We will return when we get around to it, probably September.
Jerry
Chief USN Retired
2003 Beaver Patriot Thunder C-12 505HP
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4

kedanie
Explorer II
Explorer II
We'll be heading north around June 1st for what will most likely be at least a 3 month trip. This will be our second trip. Don't mind meeting up every couple of days. However, traveling full time together is a mistake, found that out the hard way! Way too much to do and see for a 60 day trip. That's why we are planning for at least 3 months.

Keith
Keith and Gloria
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 36GH
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
USAF 1968-1976 Vietnam Veteran

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
R. Walter wrote:

Any interest out there?

what start date did you have in mind?
we and two other couples are going, and have not made any hard arrangements yet.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.