cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guadalajara Bypass

peterth
Explorer
Explorer
The new Guadalajara Macro Libramiento is now open from the Chapala Highway to Mex 80 D going to Lagos De Moreno, very nice. The toll for coach was 55.00 pesos the car was 46.00 pesos.
The new westeren bypass for San Luis Potosi is also open now as well.It is much better then having to take the easteren bypass. The toll for coach was 200.00 pesos, the car was 104.00 peseos. very nice road. Then comes rough highway 57.
23 REPLIES 23

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
This might help - from Open Street Maps - talking about the continuation of 80D toward Chapala which will then eventually loop all the way around and back to 15D west of Guadalajara - I am not clear on whether the road is only open now from 23 down by 35 and up where 80D connects to 15D east of Guadalajara or if more of this road is now open. This is how it currently looks on OSM.

Click For Full-Size Image.

Talleyho69
We turned onto the new road from the 15D coming up from Morelia.

The new road dumped us off on 23, south of the airport.

After looking at the map, we probably could have cut across and missed the city, but last time we did that (maybe 8 years ago) the road was full of topes and small towns. We haven't been that way since. Maybe it's time we did, assuming the new road doesn't open before October.

peterth
Explorer
Explorer
Talleyho69, I am assuming you were coming from Mexico City way on Mex 15 D then turned off and took the new Macro Libramiento to Chapala Highway. Why would you not carry onto Mex 90 D then the turn off onto Peraferico Sur? Just wondering ,maybe something I don't know about the Highway or am I mistaken of your route.

Talleyho69
Yes, south. Periferico Sur is normal-not too bad to Are You Kidding? But again, only 25 minutes from where we got on it to where we got off to go straight to Tepic.

peterth
Explorer
Explorer
There is a big difference between both roads. If you take the turn off just past the airport turn off you are taking the Periferico Sur. The Guadalajara Macro Libramiento is far south of that it will be the southeren by pass of Guadalajara. If you are coming from Chapala on the highway to Guadalajara just before reaching the La Barca turn off there is an overpass crossing the highway you would then turn right exiting and you will be on the Guadalajara Macro Libramiento which is different then the Periferico Sur and takes you right onto 80 D . You don't even see the city Guadalajra from this road. The part from there going west will be on the south side of Laguna Cajititlan and will eventually join up with Mex 15 D west of Guadalajara.

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so I presume this is going around south of Guada? How is the periferico sur? If I am going to Tepic, is it easy to get to 15D? Do you have to get on 90D at all?

Thanks.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Talleyho69
Here is what we sent to friends heading north a month behind us:

The guad bypass is fabulous! It takes off at about km marker 467, and is labeled Chapala Cuota. The big sign said Libramiento Guadalajara, north of the giant Continental tire. Perfect concrete, no vehicles. It ends at the airport road, south of the airport. You can see that the rest of it is progressing nicely. You must turn right, and continue straight past the airport, until you see the signs for Perifico Sur. That's you. Get on that, and it took us 25 minutes to get off of it at the turn for Tepic.

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Where exactly do you take it? Does it goes around north or south? And where does it join 80D?

Thanks.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

Talleyho69
Great, isn't it?

We took it in March, and wished we had known it was open in early November when we headed South.

The rest of it is supposed to be open this year. Can't wait!!!