cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Safe passage thru Mexico

L2R
Explorer
Explorer
I travel, occasionally on business, to Empalme, Mexico. I stay in San Carlos. I think my favorite place in the world is the Soggy Peso at sunset.

I always fly into Guaymas and I feel very safe in S.C. day or night.

I have been reading about you folks driving from Tucson thru Hermosillo.

I have been told to avoid the road connecting Hermosillo to Guaymas unless I have a driver. And Nogales is also considered a place to be careful of.

Maybe corporate is just being overly cautious but I was surprised to see you all driving around there.

What is it really like?
Just checked our bank account, we can retire today if I stop spending money now.
2 REPLIES 2

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Not as you have been told but Corporate has a responsibility to error on the side of your safety. There are many places in the States where you would / could be at more risk. As anywhere there is a large population of people there is a need to use common sense and watch out for thugs & scams.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

mexicoruss
Explorer II
Explorer II
I drive to Hermosillo every month from Peรฑasco......300 miles each way through the desert.....to say overly cautious on your employers part is very mild language. I conduct tours of the area with 16 to 40 people at a time. If I thought it was less safe than say Phoenix or Tucson I guess I would have to rethink....I love this place and I travel with total freedom - much more than up North. It's like golf...the hardest shot is the 6" between your ears! Travel.....have fun....the blah blah will eventually go away! (and it is just blah blah)
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora