cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Saskatchewan campgrounds

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
We will be travelling with our 37'tt through the upper middle part of Saskatchewan (Prince Albert)late August / early Sept and are looking for suggestions re: campgrounds / Prov Parks...we're not in a big hurry so we'll be staying for two or three days in a couple of locations through the Labour Day Weekend.

What about Prince Albert National Park?
Lifelong 'rag-bagger', now sailing on wheels!
5 REPLIES 5

emuller
Explorer
Explorer
Prince Albert National park is one of the best. Be aware that because of the free entry pass it will be busy during July and August and might be hard to find a site. After the Sept long weekend not problem but everything will start to close down.
the elk should be in rut during this time and pretty neat to watch the dominant male keeping his harem in line.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
For some fairly inexpensive campgrounds you may wish to surf to:

https://freecampsites.net/

The url even has a trip planner.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Singleminded
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input! We are checking out National, Provincial and Regional parks as well as commercial, private campgrounds!
Lifelong 'rag-bagger', now sailing on wheels!

fanrgs
Explorer
Explorer
Moose Mountain Provincial Park is located south of the Trans-Canada Highway between Regina and Winnipeg (SE Saskatchewan). We stayed there in September a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Nice lake, golf course, lodge, stables, small village with a couple of restaurants, reasonably priced campground. We had left ND heading for gorgeous Riding Mountain NP in Manitoba and needed an overnight stop. FYI, we loved Riding Mtn., especially the FHU campground in Wassagaming.
"Retirement is the best job I ever had!"
2015 RAM 2500 4x4 crewcab 6.7L CTD; 2016 Rockwood Signature UltraLite 5th wheel

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Please remember that the National Parks are free entry this year. That may make it better to consider Provincial or Regional Parks.

I've not been in the Park since I was about 8 years old, so I can't make any comments on it.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.