cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wheatly provincial park ontario

Thumper_ehhhhh
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody know the best place to buy good quality firewood close to wheatly?
2005 Kodiak 25QB Hybrid
2004 Chev Suburban LS 4x4 tow package
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
Map is camped in States and Provinces only
Mods and pics http://community.webshots.com/user/Thumper_ehhhh
3 REPLIES 3

Thumper_ehhhhh
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all.
2005 Kodiak 25QB Hybrid
2004 Chev Suburban LS 4x4 tow package
Reese Dual Cam Sway Control
Map is camped in States and Provinces only
Mods and pics http://community.webshots.com/user/Thumper_ehhhh

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
being in oakville if you drive out to the industrial areas, you will find "clean" pallets, grab a few of those, cut them up and use them to compliment or reduce what you buy at the park, especially if the park wood is a little damp.
just a thought. the soft wood variety comes apart easy and is nice to get a fire going or to get damp wood dry enough to burn nice. just make sure they are not old oil soaked one, thats not good for the environment or pleasant to smell

I had a relative that owned (sold it last year and retired) a trim mill and use to have access to all the scrap, I presently have stored away inside a building about 550 cubic feet of cut offs and scrap from his shop that is solely there for the purpose of camping, I compliment that with 3x3 and 4x4 pieces that I acquire from some industrial clients (hard and soft wood).
The only time I buy wood is when we are gone a week or more as I don't want to carry a ton of wood
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.

relaxin
Explorer
Explorer
I have seen a couple farms in that area have bags or piles out front for sale, on hwy 3 and on the road leading back to the park
keep in mind it is acceptable to bring kiln dried lumber or lumber scraps to a provincial park in Ont. I do it all the time and never had an issue, always tell them what I have and offer to let them inspect it.

only a private park outside of huntsville turned me down, and would only allow their firewood to be used in the park, not even the wood from a farmer on the same road 1/4 mile away was allowed, crappy damp some still green, and $8 a bundle, when I complained about how wet the wood was they said that all they have, to bad. (A-holes)
Relaxin, hikin, canoin, enjoyin life
headin down the road with a 29' reflection, canoe, camera, & hammock. 2022 GMC extended cab 6.6 litre gasser.
Rug rats grown and gone, just me and my beautiful little lady.