cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where are the RV's?

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I just finished a long road trip. GDL to Paamul and up to Amarillo, TX. While driving I only saw 2 RV's on the road. And I was looking for them. One in Michoacan heading west and the other one just south of Saltillo going south.

Paamul had 4 rigs 2 of which have been coming down for over 5 years.
17 REPLIES 17

playaboy
Explorer
Explorer
I am in TX now. Everything is like 2019. Few wear masks, restaurants are full, and it doesn't appear people here are worried.

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh over the weekend local News reported Pima County / Tucson had only 8 ICU beds available / 2% of beds. This is compound by the Rural Hospitals asking for help with their patient loads. Mask mandate is back in place in Tucson. We are not leaving our property except as necessary, canceled holiday dinners, placed a 10 day quarantine on by brother if he returns with his 5er and back to using curbside for food stuffs. Bummer!!!

rocmoc n Th USA Southwest & hopefully BAJA next winter
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Many of the Canadians are from BC. But they had such horrible weather problems, Rain, mudslides, closed highways, that they were unable to get away. Now throw in Omicron and many will be staying home. Some will be worried that the US border will close again leaving everyone stranded. Of course Trudeau did not help. He is advising Canadians to not not travel and warning that returning could be difficult. i,e testing and quarantining. We are in Kino but taking the Bluebird to Quartzsite for a month. But if Omnicron or regular Covid gets out of hand we will retreat to Mexico. Everyone here follows the rules. You cannot get into an Oxxo without a mask. Some of the small Supers have a take out window. You give the clerk your order and he brings it to the window. No entering the store. Maybe it is just my imagination but we feel safer in our Pueblo. I have seen a few RV's here but I think they are regulars. The highway from Nogales is full of Paisanos. Most of them are caravaning for safety reasons. Thus a bunch get to the toll booth at the same time. 1.5 hour waits. 3 hours to get your Car permit or FMM. If you come with an online permit still have to get in the long line.Until Xmas those heading North are also waiting a few hours at Nogales. Cross border shoppers.