cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Stayed at Walnut Grove RV Park, Shawnee Mission, KS?

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to the Kansas City, KS area in mid-September and would like recommendations on where to stay. Has anyone recently stayed at Walnut Grove RV Park, or perhaps at Cottonwood Camping RV Park in Bonner Springs, KS? What is your opinion of the parks regarding sites, amenities, quietness, etc?

We will need full hookups (30 amp).

Any info at all would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Passin'
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C
2007 HitchHiker II LS 26.5RLBG Mor/Ryde pinbox:B
6 REPLIES 6

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
chris3403 wrote:
I wrote the review dated July 2013. When the man below me pulled out his slide I stood outside to make sure it didn't hit mine. I doubt that there was over two inches between his slid out and mine.

Thanks for your input. If all the sites are that tight, it sounds a tad too confined for us.

We will look more closely at Bonner Springs.
2008 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax 4x4 CCSB; Superglide 16k hitch w/3" lift kit; Titan 52-gallon replacement fuel tank :C

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
Iraqvet05 wrote:
Do you need to stay on the west side of Kansas City? If not, I'd recommend Blue Springs Lake CG operated by Jackson County (Missouri); it's on the east side of KC and just a few minutes south of I-70. Smithville Lake CG north of KC also has some good reviews but I haven't stayed there.

We would prefer to stay on the west side if possible. We did stay at Blue Lake Springs last year and enjoyed it, but it was a bit too far away for our purposes.

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I wrote the review dated July 2013. When the man below me pulled out his slide I stood outside to make sure it didn't hit mine. I doubt that there was over two inches between his slid out and mine.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Iraqvet05
Explorer
Explorer
Do you need to stay on the west side of Kansas City? If not, I'd recommend Blue Springs Lake CG operated by Jackson County (Missouri); it's on the east side of KC and just a few minutes south of I-70. Smithville Lake CG north of KC also has some good reviews but I haven't stayed there.
2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Passin__Through
Explorer
Explorer
Alfred622 wrote:
The first place I check when wanting to get information about a campground is www.rvparkreviews.com.

I searched on Walnut Grove and found this: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Kansas/Merriam.html#CGID5124. Is this what you were looking for?

Thanks for the link,. Looks like it may be very useful. However, I would still like to hear from any of our forum members who may be able to give first-hand, current information.

Thanks for the speedy reply, too.

Alfred622
Explorer
Explorer
The first place I check when wanting to get information about a campground is www.rvparkreviews.com.

I searched on Walnut Grove and found this: http://www.rvparkreviews.com/regions/Kansas/Merriam.html#CGID5124. Is this what you were looking for?
Alfred
2005 Sightseer with Workhorse, ReadyBrute Elite towing 2003 Honda CRV
Map below shows states where we actually camped.....