cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Florida Help!!!!

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! We are wanting to take our first ever winter get away this coming February from Ohio to Florida! Wanting at least 70 degrees I ended up picking mid February and middle coastal Florida. Now for your help!

Is this time frame and area realistic for at least averaging 70 degrees or better?

What mid Florida campgrounds are recommended that are right on the ocean, east coast or gulf?

Traveling in a 32' MH with tow. Prefer to stay at state parks but would do private if the sites are not on top of each other! :E

Help please!!

Thank you!!! 🙂
God Bless and Happy Traveling!!! 🙂
19 REPLIES 19

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Floridacamper, what do you mean "You're too late for that"? 🙂

You're too late for that, the North West Florida Coast or what some call the "forgotten coast" has some days that reach 70 but at night can get down right cold. After a cold front moves in you might have a day or two in the 50's as the high but then starts to gradually warm back up into the 70's until the next cold front rows in. That would be your best bet. It's actually the best time to go if you ask me, the water is clear and the beaches are basically clean and bare. It's also the best time to eat Apalachicola oysters too!!

February NW Florida temps

Loving_God_s_Co
Explorer
Explorer
Irover wrote:
You need to go South of Orlando, I've even seen frost as far South as Miami in February!But the Afternoon hours are in the 70's.

Possibly leaving snow in the north, frost in the morning is A Ok with me as long as its in the 70's during the day!! :B

Irover
Explorer
Explorer
You need to go South of Orlando, I've even seen frost as far South as Miami in February!But the Afternoon hours are in the 70's.

ng2951
Explorer
Explorer
Bryn Mawr in St Augustine is a favorite of ours. We have stayed there several times. The Atlantic is across the dunes from the RV park.

http://www.brynmawroceanresort.com
Foard County News & Sassy Schoolmarm
with Chloe, Belle, & Danke
2017 GD Imagine 2800BH
2017 53 days camping
'07 GMC Sierra 2500HD Classic 4x4 LBZ Duramax Diesel
Honda 2000sThe Bayou Bounty Hunters Cowboy Club
The Single Action Shooting Society