cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Los ángeles and Santa Barbara

stew47
Explorer
Explorer
Assuming life gets back to normal... we have trip from Ohio to California planned for this summer. We will leave Ohio July 5 and return July 27. We are going to spend couple days at Grand Canyon, drop down near Phoenix for a day then I10 to LA area. I've spent some time on RVParky and...I think I'm gonna need some local advice. What are some decent campgrounds in LA county and Santa Barbara county. would like full hookup and motorhome is 37ft. We aren't even sure yet of what we are going to visit. Mostly depends on where we get set up. 4 days in La and 3 or 4 days in Santa Barbara. I grew up in Goleta so like to visit there as well. any advice for places to visit are appreciated. interests are beach, little bit of historical, anything teenage boys would like....
15 REPLIES 15

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
stew47 wrote:
Assuming life gets back to normal... we have trip from Ohio to California planned for this summer. We will leave Ohio July 5 and return July 27. We are going to spend couple days at Grand Canyon, drop down near Phoenix for a day then I10 to LA area. I've spent some time on RVParky and...I think I'm gonna need some local advice. What are some decent campgrounds in LA county and Santa Barbara county. would like full hookup and motorhome is 37ft. We aren't even sure yet of what we are going to visit. Mostly depends on where we get set up. 4 days in La and 3 or 4 days in Santa Barbara. I grew up in Goleta so like to visit there as well. any advice for places to visit are appreciated. interests are beach, little bit of historical, anything teenage boys would like....

having lived in both areas for decades, i seriously doubt you'll find anything available on the coast, ESPECIALLY if everyone that has reservations will be able to use them, after being locked down for weeks.
Summer campsites along the coast, were booked months ago. Public campgrounds that have hookups, are already booked for the summer.
Surprised that having lived in California, you weren't aware of this.
Your only chance is to stay at RV parks. They might have some vacancies. Also, if you go inland, you'll also have a better chance.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes