cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ocean Lakes - Thanksgiving

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
16 days and counting. Looking forward to our 4-5 night stay. Pie bingo, college football, shopping (wife & daughter), Christmas season kickoff....CAN NOT WAIT.
2009 Chevy Silverado LTZ 2500HD 6.0L, 3.73, Gas sipper
2015 Jayco Eagle HT 27.5 RLTS
24 REPLIES 24

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
We have never had anything stolen there we were in site 3001 but the couple across from us on the corner end of the 4000 section had a Ocean Lakes Golf Car taken with a Yeti Cooler strapped to it. The Golf car was found but of course not the cooler. Coolers are stolen usually teenagers hoping for beer........

Always enjoy it there were there in July, Halloween Weekend, Thanksgiving Week and the weekend before it. Wont be able to go back for a while...... hate winter ๐Ÿ˜ž

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
Oaklevel wrote:
Just got back from Ocean Lakes Sunday PM as usual could not get on the internet ๐Ÿ™‚ ...... but it was sure nice.....and warm....

Yes the internet is terrible but the campground was 99.5% full. We had a great time. GREAT WEATHER. Did not want to leave but had too of course.

One bad thing...had a couple in front of us had a set of corn holes and 1 chair stolen from their site. They are thinking it was some kids. I have never experienced anything stolen so it was kinda a shock.

Oaklevel
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from Ocean Lakes Sunday PM as usual could not get on the internet ๐Ÿ™‚ ...... but it was sure nice.....and warm....

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
Well to update this Thanksgiving trip..
IT was great. the weather was perfect..
Could not have ordered a better week at the beach.
A little wet Sunday and Monday but after that mid 70's during the day and Friday it hit 80 plus degrees.
As they say at work "a bad day of paid time off(PLB) is better than a good day at work" especially when you are camping.
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Hope y'all are having a terrible thanksgiving....hehe j/k
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
zackyboy3rs wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
zackyboy3rs wrote:
4 days 16 hours & 52 mintues

That's just mean.

Sorry did not mean it that way.

Its cool. At least SOMEBODY is going camping. Have a great trip.

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
zackyboy3rs wrote:

That's just mean.

Sorry did not mean it that way.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
zackyboy3rs wrote:

That's just mean.

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
wbwood wrote:
lawnspecialties wrote:
Not only will I be at the fire station Thanksgivng Day and that Saturday but my shift also has Christmas Day as well. ๐Ÿ˜ž

The holiday pay is nice, though.

Yep, I will be working Christmas day and New Years Day as well...lol All I can say is cha-ching....if I gotta work, at least they are paying me well at double time and a half for those days...

Same for Raleigh. Helps make the Christmas present purchases a whole lot easier.

byrdr1
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:
Not only will I be at the fire station Thanksgivng Day and that Saturday but my shift also has Christmas Day as well. ๐Ÿ˜ž

my son and son in law both are BFD's one is in school until Wednesday the other is on shift Friday and rolling down Saturday and had a few days off this week.
thanks all you do!
randy

2014 F-350 SRW CC/LWB 4X4 6.7PSD

2011 Keystone Cougar 327RES
Happy Campin'
Randy
Piedmont area of NC

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
lawnspecialties wrote:

Yep, I will be working Christmas day and New Years Day as well...lol All I can say is cha-ching....if I gotta work, at least they are paying me well at double time and a half for those days...
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

zackyboy3rs
Explorer
Explorer
10 days, 14 hours & 28 minutes. No I not excited.

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer