Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RMNP Extends Campground Closure

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Update 05.07.20.

Looks like Rocky will remain closed for camping through the end of May. Reservations that I had for 05.22.20 and 05.29.20 weekends both automatically cancelled and refunded as of today. Spokesperson for the park was interviewed by a local news outlet, said they were working on a timetable, but nothing was mentioned about this automatic cancellation. Email came from Recreation.gov about the cancellation and refund.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.
2 REPLIES 2

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
And Colorado is keeping the state park campgrounds closed until "to be determined". This is becoming a mess.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We too had reservations for the Memorial Day weekend in the Sawtooth National Rec in Idaho through Recreation.gov and we just got the notice and refund emails yesterday. All CGs are closed in this area. For us, and most campers, social distancing is a natural so to me it doesn't make sense, but I understand and accept it. Boondocking or dispersed camping is allowed as I confirmed with the FS office, so we'll take our chances on finding a place.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton