cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews and Trip Advisor

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at a campground this weekend and had looked at both, RV Park Reviews and Trip Advisor. There seemed to be a little variation between the two. RVPR (75 reviews) gave the park a 3.5 out of 5 starts and Trip Advisor (34 reviews) gave a 4 out 5. In our experience, RVPR was better rated for what we actually witnessed. We would of given it probably 2.5-3 stars.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L
20 REPLIES 20

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I find far more "suspicious" reviews on Trip Advisor than I do on RVPark Reviews.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
I use RVPR whenever I'm planning a trip to a place we have never been. Agree that customer relations, cleanliness, and info about site sizes, roads, etc. are most important. The numbers are totally subjective. Also agree that I only rely on reviews less than 1 year old and will check out the other reviews of anyone whose criticisms are particularly harsh to see if it is a pattern or if the specific CG's low ratings are unusual for the reviewer. I have found that some who post are consistently complaining about the same negative aspects and NEVER have a positive thing to say. Those reviews I generally ignore!
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Every one knows they are opinions. I was following up on a request on another posting about my comment about the variation of the reviews between the two and which one would be closer to our take.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
I agree I do not pay much attention to the stars but rather what is written. I have found that a person may not like or need the same things as myself. I will say we all expect decent customer service, an attentive staff that can not only answer questions but can act on them also and the cleanliness of the facilities. I find the reviews that are about the roads, size of sites, condition of the sites and how they were greeted and talked to by the staff are the most valuable.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
"We would of given it probably 2.5-3 stars."
Hope you did give it that rating in a review
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Reviews are opinions - not factual.

Everybody's reviews of the same park would be different.

The numbers are pretty meaningless to me - I read what is written. I'm more concerned about avoiding parks where folks have bad experiences with management, maintenance isn't done, etc.

I also only consider reviews within the past year worth my effort.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT