cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Texas State Park Fees?

Omrod
Explorer
Explorer
Later this week we are finally getting out of this latest "Polar Vortex" ka-ka and heading to Arizona. Plan on spending 3 or 4 days in Texas State Parks (Dinosaur Valley & Balmorhea): As I understand it the fee is $7 per day per person, is that right? DW & I would be $42 for 3 nights or $56 for 4 nights. Still cheaper than the $70 annual fee. Wisconsin charges per vehicle and you get a sticker. Does Texas make you wear a wrist band or something? Sorry for my ignorance.
Thanks for any info.
Omrod
Omrod
2015 Chevy Silverado HD
2021 Grand Design Imagine 3250BH
Equal-i-zer Hitch
16 REPLIES 16

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
For $70.00 you can get a Texas State park pass that lets you and your guests in the park, without charge.

It was what we used when in Texas, and it payed for itself quickly. It also also offers discounts on camping.

Here is a link with all the info:Park Pass
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

botts12
Explorer
Explorer
Yes. You pay for the camping and then $7.00 per day per person on top of that. You pay the fee for the number of days when you check in. No wrist band. We have started avoiding Texas State Parks for trips across the country. With a one night stay at $14.00 extra per night, we can stay in a private campground with full hookups for the same price.