cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Winter in Arizona or Texas?

ddro
Explorer
Explorer
I am hoping to get some advise as to where would be a good place to spend January and possibly Feb. in Arizona.
Looking for mild temps and sunshine.
We have a 33 ft long class c and hope to find a place that has amenities
This is new to us as far as long term stays. We were thinking Florida but maybe next year as we haven't been able to find a place that's not so expensive especially if only for a month.
I have to be back in Tennessee for medications that I won't be able to get traveling due to the new laws.
We are hoping to get some advice from some of you great experienced RVers that are willing to share your experiences.
Is Tempe too cold? Is Phoenix too a good place?
We are looking for a nice place with things to do even if we don't golf.
Thanks for reading and if you can help we would appreciate it.
19 REPLIES 19

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Weatherbase. It won't tell you what the weather will be like when you go, but it will tell you what the weather has been, by city within state, by month over the last X years. On the first page, be sure to click on "F" or "C" depending on whether you want Centigrade or Fahrenheit. If you save it in your favorites, you won't have to change it again.
I've found that altitude above sea level has a far greater effect on temperatures than the time of year.
BTW, its free.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
North Texas can be pretty brutal in the Winter Months...

Its been a few years for us but always enjoyed staying around the Apache Junction area just East of the Phoenix Metroplex areas... Lost Dutchman State Park comes to mind... Look for "RV PARKS" or "RV CAMPGROUNDS" in Apache Junction AZ on GOOGLE MAP SEARCH... Many RV places to pick from here...

Having lived in both Wichita Falls, TX and Tempe, AZ we would pick AZ over Texas. Back in the day we really enjoyed the short trips up to Apache Junction, make the Apache Trail run up AZ 88 to where all of the LAKES are located and then go north of Roosevelt Dam and pick up AZ 87 to get back to the Scottsdale/Mesa area... Made a many of these short get-away trips...

The Wild West Ranch & RV Resort (formally the John Wayne RV Ranch) south of the town of Maricopa AZ will get you away from all of the Phoenix on-goings...

You might check out Nature Coast Landing RV Park Crystal River, FL on US98 on the GULF side where my sister and her hubby from the Central Illinois area used to go to from January through Late April each year. A real nice RV PARK just north of the TAMPA FL Area...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

pjsky
Explorer
Explorer
Yuma AZ. Go just across the border for medications.
No person is completely worthless ..... one can always serve as a bad example.

PAUL AND JAN

rtate
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Arizona. Texas is full. Also many of our state and Corps parks are closed due to flood damage from the spring.
2014 Ram CTD 4x2 SRW 3.42 68 RE auto trans
Big Horn 3055RL

Restless

San Marcos Tx

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Google the Rockport, TX area! We have wintered there the last 5 years and liked it so much that we decided to spend the summer also. Very reasonable. Winters are mild (some better than others). We are right on Copano Bay and 30 minutes from the beach in Port Aransas, TX (google this area also). Great seafood, Bay views, salt water fishing, and many RV parks. However, our RV park is already booked for the winter, and so are many others due to the popularity. Feel free to PM us if you need more info. or have questions!