Rubiranch
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Host, from the other side.
953 REPLIES 953

psuedopimp
Explorer
Explorer
here are some pics of our tent camping days. this is our favorite spot near cloudcroft NM. seems to always rain during the archery elk hunt.

she is trying to decide if the campfire is worth the risk of rain!

Rooting against the Cowboys is almost as fun as Rooting for the GIANTS!

Engineer_Guy
Explorer
Explorer
Fellow Travelers ~

Here's some Boondocking pix from Lake Powell and surrounds. NW of Page AZ and Glen Canyon Dam, I went north from Big Water UT out to Ahlstrom's Point to SUV Camp. Didn't have our lil 15' TT yet. Due to crossing many dry/wet Washes, it's good only for SUVs; Military-style Camping Trailers; or Truck Campers. However, the first section of the drive on County Road out of Big Water up the Escalante Staircase on BLM Land is very reasonable. Endless Hiking and pic opportunities. A BLM Station at the Highway turnoff right there can provide much info.

Paid Fed Park Big Rig Beach Boondocking is available JUST N.W. of Page at Lone Rock Beach. Water; cold Showers; and Pit Toilets.

I also set up at Lee's Ferry AZ on the CO River; a Campground fit for any Rig. Park and Camping Fees apply there. More free Camping is around; I studied on line Maps to note free vs. paid Camping. I also wanted to study up first and play by the rules when Concealed Carrying. Reservation Land - and very different Laws - is all around.

Continuing on that Road West leads to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Once the Snow's off, you can Boondock there n/c in nicely-treed surrounds.

I recon'ed the whole trip from W. CO via Google Earth and 'flew over' areas of interest. By clicking on 'Panoramio' on the left side of the Google Earth Webpage, you can see endless pix uploaded by Visitors and thus scout an area in detail at ground level.

Monument Valley, to the N.E., is where many a John Wayne Film was set.

Amazing area. Highly recommended.

Lake Powell Pix

spacedoutbob
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice photos everyone! I followed the entire thread. I'm heading out next week and boondock in the California foothills, there is still too much snow higher up.

Bob in Calif.
Good Sam Club Life Member

Longhaultranspo
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
OK, Matho, great shot, while I'm sitting here watching it snow,:M , but where is that?

I'm not Matho, but... According to that photos properties menu, I would guess Cloudcroft, NM. sometime in August. ๐Ÿ™‚

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj283/MathoD1/Cloudcroft%20%20August%202010/P8150093.jpg
2008 Ford F350
2015 Lance 1050S

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
OK, Matho, great shot, while I'm sitting here watching it snow,:M , but where is that?
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

Matho
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Chevy 3500 SRW 4X4 6.0 CC SB Big Wig 2016 Northstar Laredo SC Off Road

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer

Camping just outside Tincup, CO.

Camping in Grand County, CO (Jackson Creek Area).

jasonlisan
Explorer
Explorer
rescue454 wrote:

seen this rig boondocking near tincup co

Camped 200 yards from this rig in July at Tincup, they hauled a couple of old Jeep Willy's and some atv's.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
Been to the Goosenecks area with plans to boondock at Goosenecks itself. Will have to explore around Crater Lake instead of just thinking of the NP CG. We love to boondock - isn't that what RV'ing is all about? Being unplugged and self reliant,
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here are our three best boondocking sites of 2010. Someone in a recent post asked for GPS coordinates. Sorry -- I have been sworn to secrecy. Whip out your topo and your forest service maps and spend some time exploring. You will find some amazing places. (Preferably far enough away from me that we won't see or hear each other!) Anyway, here are the photos:

Southeast of Goosenecks State Park in Utah, nothing but the sound of the wind in the sagebrush:

South of Kings Canyon in Sequoia National Forest, so darn silent that the sound of the blood pounding in our ears was a little annoying:

North of Crater Lake, Oregon -- the white dot in the lower left is the trailer, and the rim of the crater is in the upper right -- we were in the national forest, just north of the national park, with nothing but the sound of the wind in the pines:

2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Yep, the Michigan UP has mountains, and they are right along the Lake Superior shoreline. The rustic camping area is about a 16 mile drive in from the main highway, and the nearest cell phone signal is ten miles back out from the campground. I had a nice spot located in this rustic State campground along the cliffs of Lake Superior, providing for some nice sunsets. There is water available to fill jugs, but otherwise you are on your own. A backpackers paradise, and it wasn't unusual for a black bear to wonder through the area either.

Turk2500

sabconsulting
Explorer
Explorer
Here was an ideal camping spot we found off the beaten track where the Namib desert meets the Naukluft national park in western Namibia.

For Rubenz here are the GPS coordinates:

S23 38 18.6 E15 11 08.7

Steve.
'07 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab diesel + '91 Shadow Cruiser - Sky Cruiser 1
'98 Jeep TJ 4.0
'15 Ford Fiesta ST
'09 Fiat Panda 1.2

RubenZ
Explorer
Explorer
Damn! Most of these Post should have included GPS coordinates.

ccamping
Explorer
Explorer
Here are some pictures from a recent backroads, forest service trails trip around Mt Hood in Oregon. For boondocking way off the beaten path, we leave the trailer at home.

Here is our camp site, across from a place called The Devil's Half Acre It was off the Barlow Rd trail, the first road through the Cascades,dating back to the mid 1800's

This is beautiful country with great view of Mt Hood.

RFOneWatt
Explorer
Explorer
Eurocamper wrote:
These photos were taken at the Sand Flats Recreation Area outside of Moab. The area offers camping among slickrock domes, bowls and fins - much like the Devils Garden campground in nearby Arches National Park, but without the crowds, the required reservations, the high fees, and all the regulations that come with staying inside the national park.

BEAUTIFUL.

The last time I was in Moab I got horribly sunburned. (Young and stupid!)

Then I had to drive 2000 miles home, pulling a trailer w/ half dollar sized blisters all over my back.

Live and learn! ๐Ÿ™‚
Want a free and easy way to share files between all of your computers & mobile devices? (Android,IPhone,Ipad,Mac, etc.) Install this now and thank me later! ๐Ÿ™‚ http://bit.ly/eL1KjV