cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loosening the “landing gear” on Glowsteps: easy “mod”

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is hardly a mod -- more like a minor tweak -- but it is too straightforward to put on the Tech forum, which is only for gnarly brainteasers. 🙂 )

I have a set of Torklift Glowstep Revolution stairs on my trailer. They work great, even in rough terrain. But there was always one minor hitch: the "landing gear," the adjustable feet that make contact with the ground, would sometimes hit the ground at an odd angle and would get stuck. As a result, I would have to bend down and adjust the feet with my hand. No big deal, except if you happen to have a sore back (which I currently do).

So it finally occurred to me that if the bolts on the "landing gear" were just slightly looser, the feet would automatically rotate into the proper position. It is an easy fix – you need a seven sixteenths wrench and an Allen key of the proper size. Just loosen the nylon core nut, a little at a time, till the foot rotates easily. Problem solved!

(I don't know how to do those little cartoons where the palm smacks the forehead, but that is what I would put right here.)
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."
0 REPLIES 0