cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roof plumbing vent stack cap replacement

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
These vent caps tend to "self remove" themselves on occasion, so when you are doing roof inspections, take a close look at them to see that the cap is still secured to the flange.

I installed a new vent stack collar and cover because the old one didn't fit very well and looked nasty. I couldn't find black, so I bought white and painted it.
I've had really good results with Krylon Fusion paint.

Vent cap replacement project
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator
6 REPLIES 6

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Curious why you didn’t remove old caulking? Or completely extend self leveler over the old and into the roof.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
Well boys guess that is all I need to go shopping! LOL!
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We had an '01 class C that I put a MaxxAir power vent on the bathroom roof hatch. It had about 160 deg. bend, and a fan at the outlet end of the outlet.
I really like that vent. The fan was multi-speed and reversible. Also you could leave it open and rain would not come in.
In '15 we traded for a new Class C, I went to get a new MaxxAir like the old one, and then found out that model was no longer made. If I had known that I would removed the old one before we traded.
Anyone know of one available, even used?

Dusty

I just remembered it was a MaxxAir 1200T

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will second the post above. I, and my two sons, have had several of each brand and I much prefer the MaxxFan to the Fantastic due to noise.
Other than that, they pretty much perform the same.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
lap527 wrote:
I am thinking about installing either a fantastic fan or Maxxair in our travel trailer. Not sure which fan I will go with as of yet.

Maxxfan! THey are quieter than Fantastic brand fans.
My newer truck camper has a Fantastic Fan over the bed, I dislike it due to the higher noise level. I've used MAXFANN brand in all my upgrades and didn't realize how much quieter they are until comparing the Maxxfan in my TT to the Fantastic fan in the truck camper.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

lap527
Explorer
Explorer
As a female I enjoy your videos. 2 months ago I replaced our bathroom and kitchen vents in our TC using the same steps as you did. Of course, DH had to inspect it...lol! I am thinking about installing either a fantastic fan or Maxxair in our travel trailer. Not sure which fan I will go with as of yet.
2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer when needed.