cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone coming up east cost from Florida without a trailer?

TMAD
Explorer
Explorer
Just bought a Titanium 29 footer in Florida and i have never pulled a fifth wheel before. besides the fact that i don't have the hitch installed yet i am not so sure if i should start a long tip like that without testing my truck and trailer closer to home.
I was looking for help to get it up the east cost closer to where i like.
If anyone is interested please let me know.
Thanks
Tim
4 REPLIES 4

TMAD
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ivylog,
I will give him a call.
I do have an ad on uship but so far the only quote I received is so high, I could take a week off work, drive down there and back and still come out ahead.
Sometimes crossing the border scares people but I can get to the border very easily.
Thanks again for the number.
Tim

TMAD
Explorer
Explorer
You are right about that.
I have been looking at the hitches and have a rail system on order and just installed my brake controller. There was a friends father that was going to bring the trailer from Orlando back to Canada for me but could not find a place to put the box cover that was on his truck.
I was just checking out my options and if anyone was coming up the eastern seaboard without a trailer, there could be a way to cover fuel costs and some more.
I can't wait to get this trailer, my kids seem to be more excited than my wife ๐Ÿ˜‰
Thanks everyone.
Tim

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
You could list it on Uship as someone who delivers trailers would love to have a north bound load out of Fla.

I used this guy through Uship. Give David at 513 317 8526 a call as this is what he does and he's very reliable and insured.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

dedmiston
Hi TMAD,

The hitch...that's nothing that a few hours and some USD can't solve. You'll need to spend the money on the hitch no matter where you are, so you might as well get it over with.

As far as the towing goes...

The first few miles will be rough. The next few miles will be better. The next hundred will be easy. And after the last thousand or so you'll be a pro. You'll never have a better chance to gain experience than this.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230